KIN raiders Q&A, prot palladins inferior?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

KIN raiders Q&A, prot palladins inferior?

Postby Xarlanther » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 am

Hi guys,

I just read the Q&A with KIN raiders after their Madness kill on mmo-champion.
As always interesting to see how far these guys go to achieve this, but 1 of the questions was this:

Q: For this raid, class specs seemed very critical. Can you give us a word on that?
A: For tanks, Paladins were far inferior to DKs and Druids. Thus, prot Paladins were benched. Also, enhancement Shamans and Hunters had to be benched for Madness encounter as the pets weren't attacking tendons. For healers, holy Paladins and resto Shamans were good. Other healing classes had to be on stand-by. And for caster DPS, boomkins had to be benched most of the time. I want to thank all of them for sticking around for the entire duration of the fights.

I wonder what you guys think about this and what might be the reason.
I personally switched from druid to paladin for tanking because of the extra utility, now I wonder if I made a mistake?
I guess it might be related to the amazing t4 piece bonusses.

I do agree that DK's are amazing right now, but druids?

cheers,
Xarlanther

Re: KIN raiders Q&A, prot palladins inferior?

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:28 pm

1) My impression is that it's the tanking 4-piece bonuses to blame for that. Both DKs and Druids have a raid-wide Last Stand ability, while warriors and paladins have a damage redux ability.

2) I'm not sure that this belongs in AT&C. Unless someone comes up with a convincing reason that this post belongs here as opposed to General, I'm going to move it to that forum.

<edit>: In fact, a similar thread already exists. Locking this thread.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations