Remove Advertisements

Confused on boss miss percent vs real data

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Confused on boss miss percent vs real data

Postby devilsapple » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi all, first time post here. I've been reading the forums since I started tanking my pally in September.

I've gone through all the basic training/theorycraft, but couldn't find anything that could explain the numbers I was seeing on this fight against Heroic Halfus: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nl21fv903964rrdo/?enc=bosses&boss=44600. I did and XE query "(sourceName = "Halfus Wyrmbreaker" and targetName = "Devilsapple") or (sourceName = "Devilsapple" and spell = "Holy Shield")" to pull out the data I wanted.

I was trying to verify my CTC from actual numbers (not just the theory), and in that ~6 minute window, Halfus made 142 hit attempts on me. He MISSED 43 times for a miss ratio of 30%. I dodged 13%, parried 14%, and blocked 41%. The block seems low, but the dodge/parry numbers seem about right for my gear at the time.

My understanding is his miss% should be close to 4.4%. What am I missing? - (no pun intended)

Devilsapple@Maelstrom
devilsapple

Re: Confused on boss miss percent vs real data

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm

The effect from freeing the Nether Scion reduces his hit chance by 25%. That plus your 4.4% is close enough to 30% to account for the difference.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations