Changes to Dodge + Parry computation in 4.2

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Changes to Dodge + Parry computation in 4.2

Postby Decadere » Tue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Copied and pasted from Mmo-champion.

Dodge: Death Knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to their chance to dodge from Agility. Their base chance to dodge is now a fixed 5%.
Parry: Death Knights, paladins, and warriors now receive 27% of their Strength bonuses as parry rating, up from 25%. This conversion still only applies to Strength above and beyond their base Strength.

It's time to get rid of items with Agility i guess.
Decadere

Re: Changes to Dodge + Parry computation in 4.2

Postby Jeremoot » Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Agility is now useless, Strength is now slightly better.

All this changes in our gearing decisions is to not consider Agility items anymore.
Jeremoot

Postby Decadere » Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Although that's true, many gear lists did include Agility items so they need to be revised. Also many tanks, myself included, have Agility items. Take http://www.wowhead.com/item=67137.
Decadere

Postby Jeremoot » Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Sorry, what I meant is that while we will no longer be able to use those items, there's nothing to theorycraft or compute.
Jeremoot

Postby Koatanga » Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 pm

We will still be able to equip them, and some have desirable stats aside from agility.

For example, the Signet of the Elder Council still has a nice bit of mastery, regardless of agility. I think it is still valid to compare its mastery against available alternatives for pre-heroic gearing.

I know this isn't preheroictankadin, but maintainkadins have to start somewhere.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Decadere » Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Jeremoot wrote:Sorry, what I meant is that while we will no longer be able to use those items, there's nothing to theorycraft or compute.

I didn't see a thread about this yet so i opened 1 up so everyone can know about it. I wasn't asking for computation or theorycrafting.
Decadere

Postby lythac » Wed May 25, 2011 2:48 am

Decadere wrote:I wasn't asking for computation or theorycrafting.

Posted in Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations - thread title "Changes to Dodge + Parry computation in 4.2".

I see.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby theckhd » Wed May 25, 2011 5:20 am

Decadere wrote:I didn't see a thread about this yet so i opened 1 up so everyone can know about it. I wasn't asking for computation or theorycrafting.

Wrong forum then. If you want to discuss general gearing issues, post in the gear forum.

The only notable theorycrafting result of this change is the trivial one - base dodge and parry are now equal, so we'll want to match dodge/parry while raid-buffed rather than having parry be slightly higher.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations