[Derivation] Armor/Mastery/Avoidance Calculations

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: [Derivation] Armor/Mastery/Avoidance Calculations

Postby Awyndel » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 am

pfunkmort wrote:so then even as an alchemist, against lvl 88 mobs PE won't push your Rmin to the next threshold?

Well that was what I was thinking. But this thread has me a little confused. I was hoping one of the coders could confirm that.

It this is the case, an alchemist with 20 fire resist on cloak, could make for an interesting EH option in firelands.
Awyndel

Postby theckhd » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 am

Jere's min resist thresholds are correct for a level 88 mob (you can check by plugging k=724 into tlitp's formula, which then gives the same results).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 am

well...I wouldn't say we're *working* on heroic beth'tilac...but you could use a void sphere with the fire resist enchant as an alch and get to .4 with IoI up, right?

(my math is RA+PE(mix)+Fire resist cloak enchant+void sphere = 195+105+20+4+400 = 724)
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

pfunkmort wrote:well...I wouldn't say we're *working* on heroic beth'tilac...but you could use a void sphere with the fire resist enchant as an alch and get to .4 with IoI up, right?

(my math is RA+PE(mix)+Fire resist cloak enchant+void sphere = 195+105+20+4+400 = 724)

Slight de-rail but the "fire" aoe aura (ember flare) is not mitigable by resistance, so if I were you I wouldn't go out of my way to stack resists for this encounter.
Rhiannon

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 am

I apologize. my mistake. but the idea of upping my minimum resist by sacrificing basically...60 stam and 250 armor seems like a sweet deal to me on a lot of fights.
pfunkmort

Postby Awyndel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Well I agree with you pfunks.

But my concern is how much % magic damage would there need to be for me to swap from flask to elixirs. It will cost me about 5K health. And I have 206 atm. So thats like above 25% magic damage. I use alchemy+beth trinket so I don't use the trinket cd.

I am also wondering about mixed fights, how many of the killer spikes will contain the magic element, how many will not? A flask will protect me from both.

Lastly there is fight specifics. I didn't know beth wasnt resistable either. Does that mean Aura mastery is a shit raid cd there as well? Wich fights is resist viable on.
Awyndel

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

yeah. it's just beth, I think. I knew it wasn't AM-able...didn't know it wasn't resistible.

and I'm sorry for taking the thread off topic.

[edit] - (risking doing it again) how are you arriving at your 25% number, if you don't mind my asking? are you assuming you have full ctc, 195 resist and full mastery itemization with EotM as per tlitp's post?

or are you plugging it into some EH formula for burst windows on your own, using values that relate to theck's generalization of the net reduction from a PE elixir?
pfunkmort

Postby Awyndel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:43 am

Not really, I lose 5K health from switching to elixirs, and 10% of my health is about 20K. So if I want to save 5K damage with 10% less magic, it needs to be 25% of my total health. So 25% of a killing spike.

It's a really rough bad math estimate.
Awyndel

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations