Remove Advertisements

Holy Shield question

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Holy Shield question

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I found a nice thread on that topic here. I'll stop derailing this one.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Chanserv » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Wow, almost feel bad for posting that now :P...

Forgot ShoR is mostly static damage, but thanks for pointing out a few of my oversights. I was also thinking CS was holy for some reason..... Not sure why I was thinking that.
Chanserv

Postby xstrykr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 am

sculder wrote:
theothersteve7 wrote:Also I was under the impression that wings and tricks don't stack.

Correct, they do not stack.

Really? I never noticed this... I think I might have to go and test on a target dummy or something.....

On first glance, I thought it was Wings + Inq that don't stack, and I was ready to unleash holy hell, until I actually sat and read the damn line.
xstrykr

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 am

The threat transfer from tricks still works though? Just not the damage boost.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 am

Pyrea wrote:The threat transfer from tricks still works though? Just not the damage boost.

Correct. You still get the transferred threat, but the 20% damage buff from AW does not stack with the 15% from Tricks. In fact, if you have a mod that tracks your buffs, you'll see that casting AW automatically cancels the TotT buff.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Arizair » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 pm

I always just use Inq + TotT, then as it expires I pop AW. It's a little lower "burst" but it allows increased sustained tps that can be very helpful for bosses who don't give you much vengeance early on or perhaps not much at all. (Artamedes comes to mind).

Another thing to consider is healing. Holy Radiance is very powerful and can be connected well with Avenging Wrath to make it better (at least every other time if HR is on CD) and thus more threat as well though obviously the threat isn't that significant unless it's adds (on Maloriak it is good for getting those stubborn Aborations that just won't stay over till green phase plus you probably need the hp anyway). I try to time it a few seconds forward or back off specific timers to both help on threat, help on healing, and use it before Divine Plea (AW+HR into rotation and at least10s later following a finishing move DP - ShoR)
Arizair

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations