[4.0.1] Stupid weapon question

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: [4.0.1] Stupid weapon question

Postby theckhd » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 am

I've updated the weapon comparison to include most of the spellpower weapons in ICC, and now show how the weapon rankings change if you're hit-capped and expertise soft-capped without the weapon.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Gottin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:21 am

theckhd wrote:I've updated the weapon comparison to include most of the spellpower weapons in ICC, and now show how the weapon rankings change if you're hit-capped and expertise soft-capped without the weapon.

Exceeded my expectations, truly amazing comparison, thank you.

Single target it is obvious that melee weapons still have an edge, multi-target spell power weapons appear to have an edge.
Gottin

Postby Strendarr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

theckhd wrote:
Gottin wrote:I feel like the calculations are lacking data.

Duly noted. When you manage to find the time to construct and maintain a code model for paladin DPS, provide useful results to the community at no cost, and do all of that on your own time without getting paid, I'll be sure to criticize your efforts and chide you for not doing more.

hahahahahaha well played

I don't post here very much anymore but I just wanted to say that theck is by far the most useful contributing member of any class/spec community in wow. Thats been my opinion for a long time and still is. He is a HUGE part of the reason why paladins end up being successful. I've played many other classes over the course of wow, including as mains, and no other class has the kind of surety of information that paladin tanks do. As a matter of fact there are classes that quite straightforwardly do things wrong just because a loudmouth convinced people on EJ. Theck is the best and because hes so incredibly valueable, he should essentially be off-limits to criticism. That said, constructive feedback/requests are another matter I imagine.
Strendarr

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Strendarr wrote:Theck is the best and because hes so incredibly valueable, he should essentially be off-limits to criticism. That said, constructive feedback/requests are another matter I imagine.

Nobody should be off-limits to criticism. I make mistakes too, after all.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:13 pm

ya but most of the time its just typo's
but hey ill take what i can get :twisted:

lol <3 ya theck!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Strendarr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

theckhd wrote:
Strendarr wrote:Theck is the best and because hes so incredibly valueable, he should essentially be off-limits to criticism. That said, constructive feedback/requests are another matter I imagine.

Nobody should be off-limits to criticism. I make mistakes too, after all.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. I believe the reaction to a person should be proportionate to their actions. If the community were to alienate you, they'd do more than shoot themselves in the foot, they'd blow off an entire leg. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised to come on here and see that you're still at it. Many people move on and I feel paladins are at a significant advantage as long as you continue to do the work for the community that you do.
Strendarr

Postby Shathus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 pm

There's a difference between alienate from the community and to question based on a reasonable theory, though. If you never question something, you never think outside the box. Take the whole "James Armor Discussion" or whatever that is being called. We ended up with new information from that. Theck is just saying no one, himself included, is infallible and should be viewed as such.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 am

Shathus wrote:There's a difference between alienate from the community and to question based on a reasonable theory, though. If you never question something, you never think outside the box. Take the whole "James Armor Discussion" or whatever that is being called. We ended up with new information from that. Theck is just saying no one, himself included, is infallible and should be viewed as such.

oh god the horror
i think he is still in icu getting burns treated after the way some of us flamed him

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Strendarr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 am

Link? I've been out of it for a little while and much akin to Han Solo finding out Luke is now a Jedi Knight, I've never heard of this discussion.
Strendarr

Postby Neptuno » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm

i know that the TPS listing is in there, but anybody look at how much a SP weapon fares for WoG stacking?
Neptuno

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations