Remove Advertisements

Imp Dev Aura vs Shield Spec

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Strom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 am

Kathryn wrote:
Dorvan wrote: though it looks like in the case of talent choices Shield Spec is the clear winner.

I made space in my build to get both, as i feel i need more Mitigation than threat right now.

Now, i have to decided if i get 1h spec or reckoning but not both comes next patch..

Reckoning is not just threat though. It have a huge benifit in the way of procs form SoL, JoL, SoW, and JoW.
Strom

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:32 am

Kathryn wrote:
Dorvan wrote: though it looks like in the case of talent choices Shield Spec is the clear winner.

I made space in my build to get both, as i feel i need more Mitigation than threat right now.

Now, i have to decided if i get 1h spec or reckoning but not both comes next patch..

Personally, I think Reckoning wins, though it's possible that could change in 2.1. Rough back-of-the-envelope math:

Assuming a boss weapon speed of 2.0 with no other attacks and a 50% avoidance rate, you're taking a hit on average every 4 seconds, and getting a proc every 40 seconds. If you're using a continuum blade, that proc gives you 7.4 seconds of doubled white and SoR damage. In essence, Reckoning is in this case an 18.5% boost to your white and SoR damage. Note that I think the parameters I outlned are pretty unfavorable for reckoning, I think in practice you'll see more than 18.5% up time.

Thu you're comparing 18.5% boost to white/SoR threat vs. 5% boost to all threat. If white damage/SoR is at least 27% of your overall threat, reckoning wins, and the percentage required is less if reckoning is proc'ing more often.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations