Remove Advertisements

4.0 Rotation (pre cata)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 4.0 Rotation (pre cata)

Postby Blarry » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:30 am

Metherlance wrote:The culprit could be that new ability queue system. If you use ability at wrong time it feels like there's an extra gcd. There SHOULD be a fix coming to it but.. yeah I wonder when if ever.

Now shat should explain. Weird however that it only affects those "3s" and the fillers still work fluently. I ain't even used to smashing buttons, hardly ever pressing a button twice. Two years of 969 left some metronome-like behavior in one's fingers, I guess.
Blarry

Re: 4.0 Rotation (pre cata)

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:07 am

Ok, yeah I think it's the new queue system. Now that I just did a target dummy test I notice that as soon as CS fires, the cooldown starts but then the queue system's "leading/resetting" aspect restarts the cooldown when the wedge is a little bit of the way in.

I did a 4 minute test and got 69 CSs in there. 69 CSs "should" take 3:45, not 4:00. That puts the delay at something like 15%, or almost half a second. So... CS's real cooldown is like 3.4 seconds, not 3.0. That's why it feels really awkward.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations