Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby polonadis » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:45 pm

theckhd wrote:Also, I posted the Enchant/Food analysis on the first page of the thread.

on the topic of enchants and professions :

I would like to ask US players to create a thread on US forums asking the blue posters if there are any stam/str/int/spirit enchants planned for the wrist slot. The reason why I ask you to do this is that if there are no plans to make these stats available then Leatherworking will pull WAY ahead - both for tanks and dpsers - of other professions in perks departament, and the EU forums are quite neglected by the devs.

Thanks in advance.

more on that topic here
Last edited by polonadis on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
polonadis

Postby Epimer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am

The Enchant/Food Comparison shortcut currently links to the Glyph Comparison sub-section.
Epimer

Postby Awyndel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:34 am

Could we perhaps get a flask/elixer comparison, and one for haste and crit pots?
Awyndel

Postby tlitp » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:22 am

Awyndel, not to unleash an acid reply : I promise that I'll personally get you the critical stuff that you're after - that is, if you get me the results I'm interested in. Does it sound like a fair deal ? :P
tlitp

Postby agetro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

I'm curious. Does the Min and Max Damage of a weapon matter? Yesterday I purchased the Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver because it looks awesome! But I don't see any information for it on this post. Granted I lose 3 points of expertise for not using the 251 Mace from 10M Marrowgar, I figured I would just reforge a bit to get those points back.

The difference between the Slicer and the Cleaver is the Min Damage on the Cleaver is 412, whearas the Slicer is at 471. But the Max Damage on Cleaver is 767; Slicer 708. Does this really matter?
agetro

Postby AriKT » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Agetro wrote:I'm curious. Does the Min and Max Damage of a weapon matter? Yesterday I purchased the Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver because it looks awesome! But I don't see any information for it on this post. Granted I lose 3 points of expertise for not using the 251 Mace from 10M Marrowgar, I figured I would just reforge a bit to get those points back.

The difference between the Slicer and the Cleaver is the Min Damage on the Cleaver is 412, whearas the Slicer is at 471. But the Max Damage on Cleaver is 767; Slicer 708. Does this really matter?

Its more the average weapon damage than the min/max. I prefer the Slicer as its less random, but either way its not a big difference. That plus I'm human so the sword is better.
AriKT

Postby Awyndel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm

tlitp wrote:Awyndel, not to unleash an acid reply : I promise that I'll personally get you the critical stuff that you're after - that is, if you get me the results I'm interested in. Does it sound like a fair deal ? :P

I realise I haven't been much help lately. But I have some real life issues I need to take care of between raids. I know, I know, everybody has the same deal. But I figured asking questions is more important then doing nothing. I will see if I can help more once I get some more quiet time.

Doesn't help my pc doesn't have space for PTR or Beta installations atm. If you guys still need anything tested on live I can prolly do them over the weekend. Would be nice if the call to arms thread had a list of outstanding tests on the frontpage, it's kind of confusing for somebody coming late.

Don't worry about acid replies. That's not what I am here for. Certainly not after all the help I got here.
Awyndel

Postby Neptuno » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

FYI some of the first post links don't line up anymore (weapon specifically was about 3 posts too high)
Neptuno

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:14 am

Yeah, I shuffled some of the posts around to fit the AoE simulations, and apparently the links in the Table of Contents got mixed up. They should be fixed now.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby DementedPS » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Agetro wrote:I'm curious. Does the Min and Max Damage of a weapon matter? Yesterday I purchased the Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver because it looks awesome! But I don't see any information for it on this post. Granted I lose 3 points of expertise for not using the 251 Mace from 10M Marrowgar, I figured I would just reforge a bit to get those points back.

The Pummeler has exactly the same stats as the Cleaver, and allows you to keep the expertise bonus.
DementedPS

Postby theckhd » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 am

We're now entering the phase of the project where we retire the level 80 code and update everything to model level 85 mechanics. That means level 80 development is over, and I won't be making any more significant posts about level 80 mechanics. I do have a copy of the old code handy if something important comes up, but I don't anticipate needing to use it.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. I'll need more parses for the next phase of the project, if you're interested in helping please visit the Call to Arms thread and contribute.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Useful information re: enchants:

Anaria wrote:So I logged on and tested this myself with some extremely interesting results. I couldn't find (or think of) a way of making it so I didn't auto attack when I used the melee abilities so I carried on going until I got 2 avalanche procs - 1 from the regular melee swing and 1 from the ability I was testing. This does mean that the abilities I state do not proc it are technically inconclusive, but after extensive use I never got a double avalanche proc from them. Not ideal I know but hey, tell me a better way and I'll do it. All ranged abilities were used from a distance so that melee was not a problem. I performed the test on a level 85 Draenei with the template copy gear including Ashkandi, a 3.8 speed weapon.

Abilities that proc Avalanche:
Judgement
Crusader Strike
Divine Storm
Exorcism
Holy Wrath
Templar's Verdict
Censure DoT damage
Glyph of Exorcism DoT damage

Abilities that do not proc Avalanche (subject to above testing limitations):
Rebuke
Hammer of Justice
Hammer of Wrath
Consecration
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah, I was aware of that EJ post. We do need some clarifications, though.
  • Does JotJ still have weird interactions ?
  • Are DoT effects capable of triggering enchantments on a per-tick basis ? Is the application of the respective aura the only trigger ?
  • Are the prot-centric abilities (AS/HotR/SotR) viable triggers ?
  • Are multi-target abilities (AS for prot, DS for ret) able to serve as triggers on a per-target basis ?
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Yep, all of those things will have to be tested. I was just surprised by some of the triggers. I didn't expect several of the spell-like abilities to trigger enchants.
theckhd

Postby AriKT » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:19 pm

From just messing around from a bit on the 4.0.3a PTR:

Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous is working.
T10 2PC is still not working on the Nova portion.
Crusader Strike is 115% Weapon Damage as a base.

Wrath of the Light Bringer is now 50%/100% increased Judgement and Crusader Strike damage.

This brings fully talented Crusader Strike down to 264.5% Weapon Damage.
From some quick napkin math, this puts HotR > CS.

Oh and the Boss dummy is level 88 now I believe. It shows as skull level to me. No logs for this yet, I'll see about getting some later.
AriKT

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations