Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am

AriKT wrote:Uhhh, the Ret Hotfix makes Hammer of Wrath hit HARD, even for Prot. Its hitting harder than my ShoR on a dummy.

Any info on what exactly they changed? Or a few parses?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby lorddening » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 am

theckhd wrote:I apologize that it's taking so long, but I got very little done @ work earlier in the week as a result of hammering out all of the data that's already posted. Until someone's willing to pay me to theorycraft, I can't really afford to keep neglecting my work.

I would venture that there is a direct correlation between 4.0 dropping and nation-wide work productivity. I am comforted by the fact that I am not the only one finding myself mid day on thursday, to still have a whole weeks worth of work due tommorrow.
lorddening

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTlyBJg2W0

It is hitting hardddd for ret. I dunno about prot yet I go into a heroic and see
towelliee

Postby lorddening » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:14 pm

lorddening wrote:
alsache wrote:Blizz has been buffing / hotfixing Rets. I imagine they would do it in a way that also wouldn't buff prot but you never know.

It is possible that this may involve buffing crusader strike. If it is their intention that crusader strike represent our primary single target tool for generating holy power Blizz buffing crusader strike would be killing two birds with one stone.

On an unrelated note, ret DPS took it hard. As a tank in ICC last night I was outdpsing both of our ret pallies. My SOR hit for as high as 40k at times. It was pretty sweet.

Looks like they did buff Crusader Strike. It was their only real option. I would be surprised if decided to nerf our AOE abilities even further.
lorddening

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 pm

towelliee

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:26 pm

lorddening wrote:Looks like they did buff Crusader Strike. It was their only real option. I would be surprised if decided to nerf our AOE abilities even further.

Link? Data? Seriously folks, this thread is not just for idle speculation. If you have information, give it to me so I can fix the model!
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby lorddening » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 pm

theckhd wrote:
lorddening wrote:Looks like they did buff Crusader Strike. It was their only real option. I would be surprised if decided to nerf our AOE abilities even further.

Link? Data? Seriously folks, this thread is not just for idle speculation. If you have information, give it to me so I can fix the model!

Just basing it off the linked video above, and what I saw of Ret DPS from my raid last night. You are correct though, that hard data will be necessary to confirm this, and until then it is just speculation.
lorddening

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 pm

That could be because you linked the same log twice. :P

However, I found the correct second log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kp2q8 ... details/0/

Code: Select all
Ability      Log1    Log2
HotR        233.2   243.4
HaNova     1314.3  1305.9
Melee       777.0   783.8

There's only a 4-5% increase in the melee portion and a 1% reduction in the Nova portion, both are probably within the noise levels for <20 samples. It seems like Crusade isn't affecting either portion if we believe this log.
theckhd

Postby AriKT » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

theckhd wrote:
AriKT wrote:Uhhh, the Ret Hotfix makes Hammer of Wrath hit HARD, even for Prot. Its hitting harder than my ShoR on a dummy.

Any info on what exactly they changed? Or a few parses?

I'll see if I can run some numbers, but it was hitting for over 6K with 3K AP.

Edit: Bleh, not enough people beating on the dummy to keep it under 100% health.
Last edited by AriKT on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AriKT

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 pm

theckhd wrote:

Weapon Speed 2.60
DPS 510.5
AP - 3638
SP - 1116

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ez97e ... details/0/

Crusader strike Damage with 31/5 spec
towelliee

Postby alsache » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm

theckhd wrote:

Blizzard has not provided details...

ghostcralwer wrote:We made many changes yesterday. A lot of these were bug fixes, and many bug fixes will affect damage one way or the other. So just because you don't see a specific change referenced below, doesn't mean it didn't change.

With that said, here are the specific changes we made in reference to my previous post:

1) We buffed the base points and coefficients of many warrior dps abilities. We didn't do as much to tanking abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Ret abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Feral cat abilities.

2) We lowered the base points and coefficients of many mage abilities, but lowered Fire more than the other two.

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

4) We returned Searing Pain's damage to its 3.3.5 levels.

5) We increased the benefit of resilience by 50% for players level 80 and below. The tooltips will probably not reflect this change.

We don't have any other changes to announce at this time. I am reluctant to mention additional classes or specs that we are looking at currently for fear of instilling excitement or panic.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27187856 ... t-13-2010/

What tests do you need run? I can try to get a parse tonight to help out.
alsache

Postby alsache » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

In EJ's ret thread

Testing from today:

TV: 3 stack is 290%. 1 and 2 stack remain the same.
Judge is .24 AP and .37 SP, multiplied by 1.5 for stacks.
Exo: .23 AP, 2075 base
HoW: .42 AP, .42 SP, 4330 base !
HW: .76 SP, 2095 base
Censure: .165 AP, .068 SP

Judgement is buffed 50%
Censure is buffed 33%
Exorcism's base amount is buffed
Holy Wrath's SP contribution is doubled
TV buffed 30%
HoW buffed 230% !

We see they can make different abilities for different trees with the 3.0 sec CD for prot only.. wonder if they'd make two different versions of judgement/censure/HW..?
Last edited by alsache on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alsache

Postby tlitp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

theckhd wrote:Link? Data? Seriously folks, this thread is not just for idle speculation.

We should wait a few more days, then another round of testing frenzy can commence. Also, slack much ? :P
tlitp

Postby AriKT » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Just some quick Hammer of Wrath numbers. Will get a larger data set later when more people are around and the dummy is under 20% health.
AP(SP) - Average non crit damage.

3511(1151) - 7155
3192(1053) - 6934
3052(947) - 6242
610(210) - 5024

From what it looks like, they've at least tripled the base and coefficients. But, need to get more data.
AriKT

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zabur68kn0ukkw4m/details/0/

Hammer of Wrath same stats as before seems higher

Also go to Argent Dawn dummy it has 10k HP and you can hammer of wrath your heart out
Last edited by towelliee on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations