Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby theckhd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:55 pm

OK, everything updated, including stat scalings. Ret 2-piece sims to come later.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Really disappointed to see no gains from watching CS / Judgement CDs.
Jeremoot

Postby daiceman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:04 am

Nice work Theck, I do see you had a small typo in post #593311 on the first talent comparison you have "-0 expertise" instead of "10 expertise"

Also, your single target rotational highlights #8 talks about the over healing that WoG will do, for most people this is a non issue as 2/2 guarded by the light automatically converts any over healing into a shield that lasts longer then WoGs cooldown.
daiceman

Postby Marblehead » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 am

It seems like, in the calculations, the glyph of judgement is erroneously at 5% damage increase rather than 10%.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 am

Marblehead wrote:It seems like, in the calculations, the glyph of judgement is erroneously at 5% damage increase rather than 10%.

It's coded properly at 10%, but it's additive with WotL.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:13 am

daiceman wrote:Nice work Theck, I do see you had a small typo in post #593311 on the first talent comparison you have "-0 expertise" instead of "10 expertise"

Also, your single target rotational highlights #8 talks about the over healing that WoG will do, for most people this is a non issue as 2/2 guarded by the light automatically converts any over healing into a shield that lasts longer then WoGs cooldown.

That's not a typo, actually, that's a bug. The SoI config has 0 expertise. I'll try and find time to fix that tonight.

The WoG overheal shield only lasts 6 seconds, not 20. And your WoG can turn real healers' heals into overheal, which negates the effectiveness of your WoG in an indirect manner.
theckhd

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Theck, would you consider adding a section to the index detailing "What changed this patch?"
Jeremoot

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:06 am

Jeremoot wrote:Theck, would you consider adding a section to the index detailing "What changed this patch?"

Sure, I've added it after the table of contents. I just rattled off the changes I could think of off of the top of my head, if I missed any let me know and I'll add them.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:52 pm

I've moved several posts asking gear questions to a different forum. This is a reminder that
A) This isn't the gear forum. If your question doesn't have anything to do with the simulations, it doesn't belong in this thread.
B) At least read the last page of the thread before posing. Earlier this page I mentioned that I'd be simming out 2-piece Ret some time this weekend. Asking "have you thought of simming 2-piece ret" is more than a little rude when the answer is already staring you in the face.
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 am

Really nice work on 4.3 Theck. Don't know what we would do without these sims. I am certainly going to prio J over AS for 2set.

Waiting patiently for the ret 2p and souldrinker sims :) .

I hope somebody who was lucky enough to have it drop was able to run some logs for you.
Awyndel

Postby Kihra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Awyndel wrote:Really nice work on 4.3 Theck. Don't know what we would do without these sims. I am certainly going to prio J over AS for 2set.

Waiting patiently for the ret 2p and souldrinker sims :) .

I had a Souldrinker on the PTR for a couple of weeks and so was able to raid with it. Although I didn't get a chance to do rigorous log testing, I could see from our normal mode raid logs that 403 Souldrinker will easily outdps 410 Hand of Morchok. It was doing 6% of my DPS or so on most fights, which amounted to more than a 1k+ DPS gain from the proc alone.
Kihra

Postby theckhd » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm

We had one drop from Deathwing this week, but my co-tank took it. So unless I can convince him to do some mechanics testing (unlikely), we'll have to wait until someone submits a log in the CtA thread.
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 am

theckhd wrote:I just rattled off the changes I could think of off of the top of my head, if I missed any let me know and I'll add them.

I wonder if Jeremoot was asking for a brief summary of what has changed in your results rather than of the mechanics changes? If so, is it that we now should prioritise judgement above (non-Grand Crusader proc) avenger shield in our rotation?

At least, that's what I took as the practical implication of your work for 4.3:

theckhd wrote:The buff to Judgement has shifted filler priorities around. AS+>J>AS has pulled ahead, leading J>AS by about 10 DPS. AS>J hsa fallen another 10 DPS behind. In general, the order of these two fillers won't make much difference for DPS. You do get a slight increase in absorb bubble effectiveness by prioritizing J though.

Reading it again, I think you are right 10 dps does not amount to much. But prioritising judgement over AS seems smart for the bubble, as you say, and for the mana (did we lose the mana refresh from SoI? If so, it will be a little harder to get juice back if one gets over-enthusiastic with cons/HW).
econ21

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 am

econ21 wrote:I wonder if Jeremoot was asking for a brief summary of what has changed in your results rather than of the mechanics changes? If so, is it that we now should prioritise judgement above (non-Grand Crusader proc) avenger shield in our rotation?

That's not a bad idea either. And yeah, I think that's the only significant change in 4.3. And it's arguable whether it's even fair to call it significant, given that it's such a tiny margin.
theckhd

Postby Nioknight » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:27 am

Alright, this is my first time posting but I love the calculations and everything
First point:
I got Souldrinker on my Protection Paladin last night, it's amazing. (I could do logs for you guys but I'm not sure how)

EDIT:
Also the heals seem to definitely be more than 3% healing done from the proc off Souldrinker (1.5% doubled). I had 201,000 hp with flask and my own buffs, and it healed me for about 6700 hp a proc (instead of 6k hp if 3%). Divinity might be effecting it?
And overheals from Souldrinker do NOT count towards Scales of Life effect
Last edited by Nioknight on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nioknight

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations