Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:57 am

That's actually not to represent 8 ticks. It's a leftover from how the tooltip damage is represented on wowhead - for whatever reason, they kept the total damage as 8*(X*AP+Y*SP) even when it moved to 10 ticks.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:51 am

@Theck : I've removed the duplicate [AM], we'll use instead the DBC scaling values. For now, they're taken from the latest beta (13202). If you want to analyze and debug the output, replace directly the erroneous entries.
@people : please do not clutter up this thread with questions/comments (unless they are strictly related to code snippets). Also, do post your parses in the dedicated thread, it's easier for us to track them.
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Rabs wrote:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/us2c89or3w24j2e4/

Attack Power: 3980
Spell Power: 1216
Weapon Damage: 296-551
Weapon Speed: 1.60
Weapon Name: Mithrios, Bronzebeard's Legacy (Heroic)
Spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=-kfF-NSL.a6d.paladin.
Glyphs: Seal of Truth, Shield of Righteousness, Judgement

Dummy Level: Heroic Training dummy (Level 83). AS & HotR hitting an Expert Training dummy as well, Holy Wrath hitting 2 Expert Training Dummies

Are you sure you had Judgement glyphed for this? I'm getting about a 10% error on Judgement, and before I try and track it down with other data sets I'd like to make sure it wasn't just a typo.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Rabs » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm sure - I made 2 new logs though just to be 100% sure:

Judgement glyphed: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jdgx ... details/0/
Judgement NOT glyphed: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d5pi ... details/0/

Hope this helps!
Rabs

Postby towelliee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 am

Jesus don't tell me another Glyph isn't working!
towelliee

Postby Morwo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:38 pm

i miss the Burnished Quel'Serrar in the Weapon Comparison. it was mighty these days.
Morwo

Postby theckhd » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:54 pm

towelliee wrote:Jesus don't tell me another Glyph isn't working!

No, it's definitely working, but I'm sure my Judgement AP coefficient is a bit off. The SP one should be right based on the data in the Call to arms thread (0.02755 iirc), but the AP one seems to vary between different parses. I think I have it close now, but I could use a few more data sets to try some fitting algorithms on it.
theckhd

Postby Herrbjorn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 am

Pardon the silly following comment, I noticed the Broken Promise ranking for TPS and shortly after had the Horseman's blade drop for the holiday. It has very similar stats, swapping some dodge for Pumpkin soldiers (pure awesome there) and I'm guessing will do well based on the 2.7 weapon speed. http://www.wowhead.com/item=49128

ICC Halloween Edition: Pumpkin Soldier Invasion
Herrbjorn

Postby theckhd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:41 am

Something funny is definitely going on with Judgement. Here's the data I have so far, from both here and the CtA thread:

Code: Select all
AP     SP    Dmg
522   178   372.5
522   978   901.7
3980 1216  2487.7*   corrected for Judgement glyph (2736.5 observed)
3822 1168  2473.6
3822 1168  2389.3*  corrected for Judgement glyph (2628.2 observed)

The fourth data set (Rabs' unglyphed set) looks a little suspect; a nonlinear fitting algorithm (nlinfit in MATLAB) gives coefficients of 0.17 and 0.295 for SP and AP respectively, which fits data sets 2, 3, and 5 almost perfectly, but results in a significant error for 1 and 4. My current suspicion is that data set 1 (Kierly's naked w/ DS set) has some error in it, which would explain why the simple hand calculations don't match the fit.

I'm checking in with Redcape at EJ to see what he's using for coefficients; in the meantime I'm hoping to get a little more data for JoT at various AP and SP values to nail down this discrepancy.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 am

Morwo wrote:i miss the Burnished Quel'Serrar in the Weapon Comparison. it was mighty these days.

Herrbjorn wrote: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49128

Both of these weapons are included in the next version of the weapon sim. Expect an update some time this week.
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 am

would losing seals of the pure for eternal glory ruin our tps enough to struggle?
steadypal

Postby Epimer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 pm

steadypal wrote:would losing seals of the pure for eternal glory ruin our tps enough to struggle?

You can't decide for yourself if you think ~40 DPS per talent point is a relatively big or a small number?

EDIT: overly snarky. Sorry. I've noticed no difference with or without SotP, as single target threat is stupidly high vs. DPS, and AoE threat is more about DPS not being stupid. 80 DPS either way isn't going to help you against people going all out before mobs reach you.
Epimer

Postby Herrbjorn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 pm

theckhd wrote:
Morwo wrote:i miss the Burnished Quel'Serrar in the Weapon Comparison. it was mighty these days.

Herrbjorn wrote: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49128

Both of these weapons are included in the next version of the weapon sim. Expect an update some time this week.

Many thanks, given that I have Heroic Last Word and Heroic Gutbuster it's more a novelty thing. Though killing H LK with Pumpkin Soldiers out sounds pretty awesome to me.

steadypal wrote:would losing seals of the pure for eternal glory ruin our tps enough to struggle?

I made the choice to ignore Hallowed Ground, Grand Crusader, Improved Judgement, and the last point in Shield of the Templar, for both SotP and EG along with 2 points in PotI, as my threat with a standard rotation is more than enough to stay ahead of dps. Within about 2 rotations of a fight starting I can generally start tossing WoG on myself. It's pretty nice on Ulduar 10 hard modes with 1 healer or LK when a healer gets picked up by Valks. I get a happy feeling when I cast WoG and see 3 HP refunded so I can WoG again or pop off a SoR.
Herrbjorn

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 am

Cross-post from the CtA thread:
theckhd wrote:I really, really, really need Hammer of Wrath data. That's the last thing I need to nail down before I can re-run all of the simulations. This should only depend on AP/SP, so weapons, talents, and glyphs are irrelevant.

Ideally I'd like to have two sets with the same AP but vastly different SP to nail down the SP scaling, and a couple more at whatever AP/SP values I can get my hand on. If anyone has time for this, please parse around 50 HoW's in as many different gear configs as you have time for.
theckhd

Postby towelliee » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 am

So is the final word on CS vs HOtr still CS? Or does a high stack of Vengeance give hotr the lead?
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations