Remove Advertisements

Curator Combat Log

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Arcand » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Eloff wrote:What mods are good to use for creating combat logs? Do they only save the data that you setup for the combat log window?


It seems to save every event that occurs within a certain range. My log window doesn't normally show anything that happens to another player, and yet this log is full of "Dolittle gains 54 mana from Master of Elements" and so on.

There might be a way to filter what goes into your combat log, but I haven't even tried to change it yet. It's enough of a challenge remembering to turn the thing on before the fight's half over.
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 pm

I have never ever had a problem with threat on Curator. I usually use a Wizard Oil for ~240 spell damage. I use SoR for awhile then build 5 stacks of SoV and go to town. 2500ish judgements 4k+ crits in Evo phase FTW!
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Vanifae » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:41 am

Yeah I tanked Curator again last night, and I forgot to put on my uncrushable set... we won, but ouch, thank god for Redoubt. Threat isn't a big issue unless you have a shadow priest going nuts during Evocation, ours was generating nearly 2k threat at one point.

I still held aggro, but wow.

Also, the DPS spends a great deal of time killing adds, giving you even more of a threat lead on Curator.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby hiro » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:50 am

I'm trying to figure out the urgency of our coverage gap for Holy shield.

Grep only found 7 casts of Holy Shield in that fight.

4/22 17:44:05.109 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:44:15.093 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:44:28.328 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:44:38.843 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:44:49.234 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:44:59.828 You gain Holy Shield.
4/22 17:45:29.093 You gain Holy Shield.
Grand Total: 7 match(es) found.

Sadly the timestamp for gaining Holy Shield seems to be a little loose (like all Blizz timestamps) as it allowed you to gain it again LESS than 10 seconds after you gained the first one (albeit only by 16 thousandths of a second). Still, the only way to get an accurate estimate of the human lag is to have a long fight where you are really trying to keep it up nonstop and average the delay from beginning to end.

And curator evocates... during which you don't need to worry about Holy Shield at all, so that ruins that method. Need a parse from a different fight.
hiro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:57 am

Postby Lore » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:53 am

The other question is are you waiting for the cooldown to finish, or are you spamming the button before it comes up? If you spam the button when it's about to come up instead of waiting for it to blink, the only limiting factor should be your latency and the short time between presses.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 am

Lore wrote:The other question is are you waiting for the cooldown to finish, or are you spamming the button before it comes up? If you spam the button when it's about to come up instead of waiting for it to blink, the only limiting factor should be your latency and the short time between presses.


I spam that button like there's no tomorrow :P

I'll have to try /combatlog sometime...
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah I tanked Curator again last night, and I forgot to put on my uncrushable set... we won, but ouch, thank god for Redoubt. Threat isn't a big issue unless you have a shadow priest going nuts during Evocation, ours was generating nearly 2k threat at one point.

I still held aggro, but wow.

Also, the DPS spends a great deal of time killing adds, giving you even more of a threat lead on Curator.


You can match that Threat during the first Evo by putting JoTC on him and popping AW. However, we usually only have one DPSer on him full time (non evo), the rest are on the adds, so threat usually isn't an issue. I'm quite certain if our lock was on him full time he'd pull aggro. His Curse of Doom does over 30k dmg during the evo. He keeps some dots on him other than that, but the he's also helping with the adds, so it works out.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9639
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Vanifae » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Yeah I tanked Curator again last night, and I forgot to put on my uncrushable set... we won, but ouch, thank god for Redoubt. Threat isn't a big issue unless you have a shadow priest going nuts during Evocation, ours was generating nearly 2k threat at one point.

I still held aggro, but wow.

Also, the DPS spends a great deal of time killing adds, giving you even more of a threat lead on Curator.


You can match that Threat during the first Evo by putting JoTC on him and popping AW. However, we usually only have one DPSer on him full time (non evo), the rest are on the adds, so threat usually isn't an issue. I'm quite certain if our lock was on him full time he'd pull aggro. His Curse of Doom does over 30k dmg during the evo. He keeps some dots on him other than that, but the he's also helping with the adds, so it works out.

Yeah that is what I did, I was not worried about threat, I was more worried about getting crushed when I realized I had the wrong set on.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest