Help, Im confused.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Help, Im confused.

Postby Lkcynric » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Well since I only played 4 moths in 2009 blizzard decided to pity me give me 7 days free wow, HURRAY!! (great now i really can see myself studding like I should be...)

The point is, Im really outdated.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Lkcynric

That's me, my spec its still from before 3.2 I have been reading and im going for http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMzbc which is close to what I have but had a few interesting things to it.

But I have a question, is Divine Sacrifice of any use if im Main Tank?
And if I am of taking is it only useful if I remove it immediately? or should I use it and the shield bubble? Before the changes it was a "suicide" button, now i dont know.

And now the question that made me create the topic, im really confused about this, I did read about it in several other topics but it just made me more confused.

As you can see in my gear, im gemning for avoidance, And thats because I though this:
If I have 42k hp, the boss hits me for 12k, so my hp goes to 30k. and thats it, all my sta gems are gone.
But, if i can take 3k less damage in every boss hit, its better then stamina!!! Stamina bonus only counts once and i block a lot! and i can even dodge and parry!!!

So as you can see im retarded, because I didnt even remember that I get healed back to my full hp (duh) and I dont even know how much you can block, those 3k was just a random number i though of.

And i saw somewhere (its was a while ago, so i cant say which topic) that avoidance is good but just for a few fights for the rest stamina is better. So im not sure what to think anymore, and the more i read about it, the more confused i am.

Im not asking wich is better, stack stamina or stack avoidance, because the best thing is to have a two different sets, but I dont have, and thats the thing.

In my case, and my case alone, what should i do? gem sta or keep the dodge?

And so you can see better my case, im still doing HCs, because i dont have a guild, I do a lot of HCs, never did a 10man, but I wish to start doing so after i finish my exams soon.

After all this, sorry to ask a question many people asked before me, i know theres a lot of topics about it, but I am really confused about it. What should I do as far as my gems and enchants go?

Thank you for you patience.
Lkcynric

Re: Help, Im confused.

Postby Alixander » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 pm

First question: Where do you plan on aiming for when you do start raiding? I'm guessing you're going to apply to guilds that are aiming at ToC and ICC?

For that, check out Digren's awesome gemming and enchanting guide:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
It gives pretty cut and dry list of not only what are your best updates (well most of it does... he still needs to finish updating the second half of the enchanting guide), but also when you should start upgrading from avoidance to EH and more specifically it tells you why EH is generally considered better.

For talents, check out resident number-monkey Theck's talent guide:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
As far as Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian, it's totally worth taking since you can macro it (requires a special macro) to cast it on yourself then remove the DS portion, while keeping the party/raid wide 20% damage reduction 6 second buff on everyone.

Those are two very good places to start. :)
Alixander

Postby Lkcynric » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot!

Well yeah im gona Apply to guilds, but i was thinking to start with the "dead content" like 10man nax and so on, just so i get experience and because it should be easier. But I may not find such a guild so im not sure.

About the DG thanks, its about time i start to use macros, I don't use them (only for spamming chat with my gems for sale) maybe I should even go for a 969 macro since i mess the rotation up so many times :p

As for the links, Im gona check them out, thanks, If i have any questions after it, I will ask.

EDIT: i was going to delete this post but the delete button is gone for some reason... so sorry for double post..
Last edited by Lkcynric on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lkcynric

Postby Lkcynric » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks a lot!

Well yeah im gona Apply to guilds, but i was thinking to start with the "dead content" like 10man nax and so on, just so i get experience and because it should be easier. But I may not find such a guild so im not sure.

About the DG thanks, its about time i start to use macros, I don't use them (only for spamming chat with my gems for sale) maybe I should even go for a 969 macro since i mess the rotation up so many times :p

As for the links, Im gona check them out, thanks, If i have any questions after it, I will ask.

EDIT:

I saw the guide, but its still a little confusing to me

ImageProgressing Ulduar / ToC Normal. A level three paladin starts with Naxx-or-better gear (iLvl 213-219) and is raiding with a guild that wants to progress through T8.5 and T9 normal mode content. He or she should continue to shift gems and enchants from avoidance to stamina as gear improves, following the steps later in this guide to maximize the conversion. The tank will probably stay at the block cap but will never again care except for trick encounters.

I think I will go for TOC since it will get me gear as well as experience. Here it says I should sawp avoidance for stamina, BUT it also says I will be above block cap.. im not even at block cap. So again im confused, should i go for avoidance until block cap then go for stamina? or go for full stamina already?

Am i confusing uncritable with blockcap?

EDIT

I cant believe this.. i really cant........ if only i knew before.. well I changed the 34dodge with a "+10 agi and +15 sta" on my chest and both gems on my legs with a +51stamina.

The results? Well i lost 1.30 in my avoidance and uhm.. got almost 2k hp unbuffed. so it was totally worth it.
I had no idea those dodge gems were so worthless... oh well.

Thanks averyone anyway
Lkcynric

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations