Remove Advertisements

Stam Cap???

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Stam Cap???

Postby Thels » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 am

I had based my information on WoWWiki, which basically stated that whenever Saurfang connected, he'd gain one energy plus one energy for each mark. That info is no longer on the page, so I guess it was misinformation.

Though, I can understand where it came from. Back then, Saurfang drained much less life, which allowed you to run the encounter with a single tank, in which case he does use a special ability at you at every hit (after the first mark lands), and indeed every hit grants him energy.

Useful to know when hardmodes are coming out. Normal mode seems trivialized. On 10 man we deal with marks by killing the boss before the first mark. On 25 man we just knock the adds over the fence (this is bound to be fixed, but even without that gimmick, the fight is pretty easy).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:16 am

Thels wrote:On 25 man we just knock the adds over the fence (this is bound to be fixed, but even without that gimmick, the fight is pretty easy).

You can still do that? I thought they hotfixed that bug?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Wrathy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

theckhd wrote:
Thels wrote:On 25 man we just knock the adds over the fence (this is bound to be fixed, but even without that gimmick, the fight is pretty easy).

You can still do that? I thought they hotfixed that bug?

I know they hotfixed the knocking them off the ledge when the boat bugged, but apparently the fence is just a fence and not an invisible wall!
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am

Wrathy wrote:I know they hotfixed the knocking them off the ledge when the boat bugged, but apparently the fence is just a fence and not an invisible wall!

Interesting, is it low enough for a player to hop it?

If so, it would give us a more expedient route for sacrificing Marked players to the loot gods.

<edit> and give me an excuse to tell some of my players to go jump off a cliff!
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Vadis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

theckhd wrote:
Wrathy wrote:I know they hotfixed the knocking them off the ledge when the boat bugged, but apparently the fence is just a fence and not an invisible wall!

If so, it would give us a more expedient route for sacrificing Marked players to the loot gods.

Yes it's low enough for players to hop the fence. We used this strat on Tuesday. Bonus style points if rocket boots are used. You may want to ensure none of the players that get sacrificed are the master looter. Just saying... ><
Vadis

Postby Thels » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 am

Vadis wrote:
theckhd wrote:

Yes it's low enough for players to hop the fence. We used this strat on Tuesday. Bonus style points if rocket boots are used. You may want to ensure none of the players that get sacrificed are the master looter. Just saying... ><

I'm usually the ML myself, and if a tank gets marked, we basically ignore the mark entirely (healers have a habit of keeping tanks up no matter what, even when it's disadvantageous, like on Anub OT when adds are down). The tactic still worked on last thursday on our 25 man raid.

I didn't know that jumping over the fence could work for players as well. Does that prevent them from healing Saurfang altogether? We just let the first 2 people die, and DI anyone marked after that.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:48 pm

i might have to try this if i get into a pug that actually gets to saurfang this week.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Maelsstrom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:07 pm

It doesn't stop Saurfang from healing. The value is in stopping healers from wasting mana healing that person, since the longer they're alive, the more blood points Saurfang gets from the damage ticks. When someone gets marked, you want them to die, NOW.
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Postby Eyes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

In response to saurfang strats, every time a mage is chosen for Mark, the cheering in vent as our GM/RL tells them to go jump off the cliff drowns everything else out.

One strat that worked tuesday for us, person with mark gets into cannon and takes no damage and doesn't die causing Saurfang to get the heal. I imagine this will be fixed soon, but enjoy it for now.
Eyes of Laughing Skull
Eyes

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations