Where to drop these gems

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Where to drop these gems

Postby badgermonkey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 pm

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... eedonboots

I picked up some new legs from Saurfang 10, with 3 sockets and a 12 stam bonus.

I'm trying to work out the following. Since I'm no longer doing ToC10 hc every week, I don't care about the hit (Holy Wrath adds was all it was for). As such, I want to drop most of the gems back into +stam and be done with it.

The problem is, the best red socket bonus I have is in the legs, with 3 sockets and a 12 stam bonus. The only other option is my boots, with a 6 stam bonus. Currently the gem in my boots is the JC stamina gem, so including that in place of a blue gem I THINK I work out with

Purple gem in boots, stam stacking the legs gives a total of 132 stamina.
Matching sockets in the legs, and gemming the boots with blue gem gives a total of 123 stamina.

A total difference of 9 stamina. I just want someone to check I've worked that out right, and whether it's really worth swapping all those gems for the sake of 9 stamina when upgrades are on the horizon. Obviously I'd rather "be the best", but for the sake of 100ish health if that's all it is.... meh.

A cursory glance at the rest of me wouldn't go amiss either. I've been slack on my theorycrafting recently, and might not be entirely up to date :P
badgermonkey

Re: Where to drop these gems

Postby Shathus » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:14 am

Perhaps I did it wrong, but having the same setup (pants and feet) as you, I just put all stam gems in the legs and put a agi/stam gem in my boots for the meta activation. I could probably be talked out of that and re-gem but seems well enough for me for now.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations