Easy fixes I think would help us

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:43 pm

I really doubt that there are many warriors who rolled paladins so they could tank. Teh opposite would be more prevalent imo.
Anubisknight

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Glam wrote:You will find that a number of people on these forums will resist any comparison to Warriors. I hope this helps you and that you have not been dissuaded from posting here as well as enjoying the beneficial knowledge of this site.

Rogue previeous to my tankadin, I don't resist comparison to warriors I just think that we don't need all their skills. We need to be able to do the job, but do it in a way that fits the style of the paladin. I honestly think that a few simple changes especially in a way that could make High Block Value meaningful beyond just mitigation, a way for us to easily attain high block value faster then warriors, and perhaps a really solid oh shit button and bam we are very comparable.

Then I could be like sure, that warrior has 1000 more health then I do, but my block value is 1000; considering I am going to block just about every damaging physical attack it makes a huge difference in my survivability.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Glam » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Glam wrote:You will find that a number of people on these forums will resist any comparison to Warriors. I hope this helps you and that you have not been dissuaded from posting here as well as enjoying the beneficial knowledge of this site.

Rogue previeous to my tankadin, I don't resist comparison to warriors I just think that we don't need all their skills. We need to be able to do the job, but do it in a way that fits the style of the paladin. I honestly think that a few simple changes especially in a way that could make High Block Value meaningful beyond just mitigation, a way for us to easily attain high block value faster then warriors, and perhaps a really solid oh shit button and bam we are very comparable.

Then I could be like sure, that warrior has 1000 more health then I do, but my block value is 1000; considering I am going to block just about every damaging physical attack it makes a huge difference in my survivability.

Okay, maybe there was a bit of an assumption there about how many have played warriors before. I still believe that there is still a large contingent of people on this board that don't particlularly care for the idea of Paladins being the same as Warriors. Viable and comparable in tanking content, but not the same.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am... PALADIN!"
Armory - http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ore&n=Glam

Glam
Lvl 80 Dwarf Paladin
Proudmore
Glam

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations