Remove Advertisements

redoubt useless?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

redoubt useless?

Postby quiescence » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:58 pm

hi, im new here :)

anyway, were all trying to get crush avoidance without relying on redoubt proccing right? so doesnt that make redoubt kinda useless for us? i seem to use devotion aura a lot as long as im not in a resist fight, so maybe im (or we) are better off taking imp devotion aura (even with its very crappy armour boost).

although im not crush immune yet... still working on that...
quiescence

Re: redoubt useless?

Postby Aergis » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Well, redoubt is a prereq for shield spec, +30% damage absorbed each block, which adds up quick.

While I agree, it is useless after 2.1, I'll still end up with it for the block value of shield spec.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Maulininis » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:46 pm

It will still be handy for AoE tanking I reckon.
Maulininis

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Given the new Improved Holy Shield talent and assuming you are uncrushable with it, redoubt becomes pretty redunant and indeed useless. Even worse, as was previously pointed out, it's a requirement for Shield Spec, so it's kind of a talent sink. Nothing on the tier 1 prot tree is going to have any effect on me going forward other than allowing me to grab shield spec...yay

Both talents should be looked at, though Imp Devo has survived plenty of reviews unscathed, so I'm not holding my breath on that one. Hopefully they realize the Imp Holy Shield talent makes Redoubt useless and they come up with a new idea for it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Aviias » Tue May 01, 2007 4:07 pm

I do hope they change it in the near future.

Paladins Rely On Chance. I wish to eliminate this crap.

PROC is FTL!
Aviias

Postby s4dfish » Wed May 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Is it still useful for covering gaps between Holy Shields?

It also seems like it would remain useful for non-raid content where, from what I read, it is not unreasonable to abstain from CC in favor for AOE tanking. Even with the additional charges from Imp. HS, redoubt should still see use.

I'm not saying that the changes mentioned on this thread wouldn't be improvements, but I fail to see it as 'worthless'.
s4dfish

Postby eia » Wed May 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Well, it has no room in end-game really. Yes, it does have anecdotal uses when grinding or aoe:ing down mobs in 5-mans, but that's about it...
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations