Armsnam vs 20 Agility to hands!

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Armsnam vs 20 Agility to hands!

Postby defeated » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:16 pm

I was looking through the enchants the other day, and i was curious if its even worth getting something like 20 agility over armsman now?

Currently my threat is really good somehow, last night when we did Northrend Beasts in heroic toc 25, i accidentally out threated the other tanks when i had 2 stacks of the debuff on me and ended up getting too many and had to BoP myself, i didn't have Avenging Wrath activated either so i was wondering how i out threated our warrior MT and another paladin tank. I recently have not had threat issues with anything besides like the initial pull of a boss if one or 2 of my abilities happen to miss, which i can usually fix before a non tank gets insta gibbed.

Anyway if anyone knows the value of the 20 agi with numbers it would be great to look at if possible, and thanks in advance. =)

Also my apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere, i did check theck's thread along many others seeking it, but did not see it anywhere.
defeated

Re: Armsnam vs 20 Agility to hands!

Postby Meloree » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am

885 armor.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Trase » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 am

Snake-Aes wrote:885 armor.

Accursed engineers and your fancy gadgets!
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:20 am

You forgot the saronite bombs. Best way to work around the AS cd in a big pull. Or the Cobalt ones to keep them quiet on your way.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby bentglasstube » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 am

Assuming you don't care about the threat portion of armsman, you're looking at 10 parry rating versus 20 agility. Theck's calculations (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... t-of-dodge) came up with agility being 97.6% as good as dodge rating, so from a survivability standpoint, I'd say 20 agility is the clear winner. However, as Meloree mentioned above, the 18 stamina armor kit is good and also very inexpensive.
bentglasstube

Postby defeated » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm

The armor seems very inferior to me though, because of the DR on armor. =(
defeated

Postby Stripperella » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Armor has DR in regards to the total amount of healing to keep the tank alive. however because of how it is designed, each point of armor is just as effective as the previous point of armor when determining base time to live in regards to physical damage. And because of the sheer overhealing and the nature of burst, the total amount of healing to keep you alive isn't really a factor imo. Wowwiki explains it better than i ever could.

Opinions are assholes though, gotta go with what you think. But if threat is a non issue, even without the armor portion, 20 agi is hands down better than 10 parry. The same post that mentions agi with armor included is 97.6% as effective as dodge also explains that regardless of the armor, agi is 84% as effective as dodge. So even after you are balancing parry and dodge and they are mostly identical, .84*20 = 16.8 > 10.
Stripperella

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations