Observations of the Ardent Defender proc

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Observations of the Ardent Defender proc

Postby gibborim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:02 am

Zothor wrote:
Marrus wrote:
Zothor wrote:The comparison to GS is true, though: if/when it fails, it's a bug caused by server side timing issues (which is why GS fails on rare occasions), not a flaw in the intended design.

Mmkay. Then, let's ask the tough question - Now that we've tested this in a live scenario, in regular modes, in hard modes... do we still think this solves our 2nd Cooldown problem if it's not reliable?

I'm sure the failure rate on the GS component is arbitrarily smaller than the human failure rate on hitting a CD during unexpected spike damage.

Step 1: Auto-Guardian Spirit
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit!
gibborim

Postby stroggylos » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 am

well if the tooltip is right then actually there could be fights that even 1 point in AD would do the trick of savin the wipe since most times the case is a 1sec delayed flash or shock to bring u up ... but again 15% of effective health is really sweet to deny
stroggylos

Postby Soralin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:16 pm

stroggylos wrote:well if the tooltip is right then actually there could be fights that even 1 point in AD would do the trick of savin the wipe since most times the case is a 1sec delayed flash or shock to bring u up ... but again 15% of effective health is really sweet to deny

There is no situation ever that I would consider taking only 1/2 of Ardent Defender in its current form (even post 3.2.2 nerf). None. I'd be taking points out of all of my threat talents before touching AD.
Soralin

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations