Add-on Question

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Add-on Question

Postby Chronotriggerjm » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

Does anyone know of an Add-on out there, that I can use to display the icons of my most commonly used abilities, with varying levels of transparency, more towards the center of the screen? I find trying to juggle tanking while looking at icons kind of pointless, and I want something that's a bit less invasive than multi-colored bars reminding me of cooldowns :P
Chronotriggerjm

Re: Add-on Question

Postby Abuna » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 am

I use Power Auras myself... does just what I need, and is configurable.
Abuna
Maintankadonor

Postby abinning » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 am

Abuna wrote:I use Power Auras myself... does just what I need, and is configurable.

This.

Will make you happy. I use it for ALL my toons. Diseases for DK, Ele mastery, flame shock dot,water shield TS for my shaman, seal, aura for my pally, dots for my shadow priest. More also, jsut can't think of all the crap i use it for.
abinning

Postby Wardari » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 am

I'm personally using Need to Know, I'm not sure if it's what you'd be looking for exactly but it can track pretty much any debuff/buff on a multitude of targets.

It can take a while to setup depending on how many buffs/debuffs you want to track so from that PoV its a pain in the rear end, but it's extremely powerful if you're also interested in tracking all the raid debuffs too etc.

I use this for doing both tasks purely because it saves me running 2 seperate addons, killing two birds with one stone so to speak.
Wardari

Postby Jedah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:49 am

Need to know is pretty good. I use it on my warrior to track shout durations, Rend, and a few other things. I also use something called Debuff Filter when I want really large icons to jump out in my face that tell me when i get procs (Sword & Board, Slam!, Overpower, Sudden Death, etc).
Jedah

Postby xstratax » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Doom Cooldown Pulse is a really nice one, better than Ghost Pulse IMO...and you can adjust the Opacity (unlike Ghost Pulse)
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations