Libram of the Sacred Shield and 3.2.2

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Libram of the Sacred Shield and 3.2.2

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:51 am

Gamingdevil wrote:Too bad it's after everyone has already collected enough Triumphs to get the dodge libram.

Not I, said the Ring-bearer.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Too bad it's after everyone has already collected enough Triumphs to get the dodge libram.

Not I, said the Ring-bearer.

Neither did I, i consider 500 block much more useful than less than 3% dodge.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bads » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am

I'm not sure how you can say that when in terms of item budget 500 bv is certainly worth less than 200 dodge.
bads

Postby Nadir » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 am

In terms of damage taken over time, you'd need something like 1300 BV before talents in order for it to be competitive with 200 dodge rating.
Nadir

Postby Albani » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 am

Funny thing is, I joined PTR for one reason:

Logged in first day of PTR, compared LoO vs LoSs, made ticket regarding this issue, logged out.

Alas, it still took them a good 5-6 weeks to realise/fix the problem:)
Albani

Postby toothdecaykills » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:38 pm

The reason BV is considered against dodge rating is because BV can safely be considered EH.
toothdecaykills

Postby Javierkaiser » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm

In terms of DPS/TPS in 3.2.2, which libram yields betters results, LoSS or LoVa (valiance, 200 str)?
With the changes to TbtL, giving us SP from Str, those 200 str seems appealing, but I don't if that could be more dps/tps than 450 BV... I think it could be, but don't have any numbers to compare :?
Ideas?
Javierkaiser

Postby Argali » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Javierkaiser wrote:In terms of DPS/TPS in 3.2.2, which libram yields betters results, LoSS or LoVa (valiance, 200 str)?
With the changes to TbtL, giving us SP from Str, those 200 str seems appealing, but I don't if that could be more dps/tps than 450 BV... I think it could be, but don't have any numbers to compare :?
Ideas?

Crappy paper calculations rife with rounding errors, and didn't double check. But 450 BV gives 107.25 dps, while 200 STR with the TbtL change is 145.61 dps.
Last edited by Argali on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argali

Postby Venoseth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:38 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
PsiVen wrote:
Libram of Obstruction: The buff to block value from this relic is now exclusive with the buff to block value from Libram of the Sacred Shield; it is impossible to have both buffs at once.

Boo, hiss. Oh well, libram swapping was kinda annoying anyway.

At least now LoSS will be an upgrade again!

Too bad it's after everyone has already collected enough Triumphs to get the dodge libram.

This. I used LotSS for like...3 weeks (vezax wouldn't drop it for us at first) until LoO was better again. Now I use the 200 dodge libram for progression. Who knows how I'll feel after 3.2.2 ^^

Also, the 200 STR libram is awesome. When I had 25 or more badges, but not enough to buy the ring or shoulders (for example) I've been buying it and returning it. XD
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Khayne » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am

toothdecaykills wrote:The reason BV is considered against dodge rating is because BV can safely be considered EH.

Except, you know, against Bleeds, Magic, or when Stunned. Good thing only All of Northern beasts, Jaraxxus and his adds, Champs, valkyrs and Anub'Arak use those in the new instance.
Oh wait...

I dont mean that i wouldn't possibly use it somewhere as a hybrid threat&mitigation libram, but in most cases i'll rather use dodge for the fights where i'm worried on survival, and 200str on farm steamroll runs.
Khayne

Postby Chicken » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:14 am

Khayne wrote:
toothdecaykills wrote:The reason BV is considered against dodge rating is because BV can safely be considered EH.

Except, you know, against Bleeds, Magic, or when Stunned. Good thing only All of Northern beasts, Jaraxxus and his adds, Champs, valkyrs and Anub'Arak use those in the new instance.
Dodge rating is wonderfully effective against all of those too.
Chicken

Postby Ragingsoul » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:00 am

Chicken wrote:
Khayne wrote:

Dodge rating is wonderfully effective against all of those too.

bleeds tick can't be dodge, bleed application in most cases can't be dodge either. Also while stunned, you can't dodge parry, or block. so no.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Soralin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:02 am

You don't do sarcasm well do you.
Soralin

Postby Pizbit » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Worldie wrote:Well glad i havent thrown my one away then.

19 conquest emblems anyway *shrug*
I bought it when I found out it was going to become useful. Then a few days later the guild needed an extra body for vezax25 and it dropped, went to some holy paladin 'cause I had it. I loled.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations