libram of defiance + mongoose

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

libram of defiance + mongoose

Postby Melathys » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 pm

given diminishing returns, if you have the 200 dodge rating from libram, is choosing an enchant other than mongoose a good idea?

I've been partial to blood draining for a while now, but decided to go to mongoose for my latest weapon. I just picked up libram of defiance though, and am wondering if I should change the weapon enchant.

*edit

I may have answered my own question. Since neither are 100% uptime, it seems though, that usually one or the other is always up.
Melathys

Re: libram of defiance + mongoose

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Melathys wrote:given diminishing returns, if you have the 200 dodge rating from libram, is choosing an enchant other than mongoose a good idea?

I've been partial to blood draining for a while now, but decided to go to mongoose for my latest weapon. I just picked up libram of defiance though, and am wondering if I should change the weapon enchant.

*edit

I may have answered my own question. Since neither are 100% uptime, it seems though, that usually one or the other is always up.

The 200 dodge rating from the libram should have close to 98% uptime, so it's probably still worth asking this question.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:12 am

with my experience since 3.2,,,, blade ward is is up quite a bit..
steadypal

Postby Arnel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 am

Im rolling with Libram of Defiance and Blade Ward. LoD is near 100% uptime, while i see Blade Ward procing more often than it did in 3.1
The liver is evil. It must be punished!
Arnel

Postby Arees » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 am

after I get LoD I'll probably change to Blood draining. LoD will put me really close to 30% dodge unbuffed and from that point I don't think the average dodge gain from mongoose is very notable.
Arees

Postby steadypal » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:11 pm

all my testing shows about on avg 80% ish uptime on the dodge libram, is everybody else getting similar results?
steadypal

Postby Racerover » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:53 pm

In my experience, the buff refreshes every other HoTR on multiple mob pulls and every 2-3 HoTR on single targets. This thing is damn near ALWAYS up for me.
Racerover

Postby Nadir » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 pm

steadypal wrote:all my testing shows about on avg 80% ish uptime on the dodge libram, is everybody else getting similar results?

In a tank and spank situation where you use Hammer of the Righteous every six seconds, the average up time will be greater than 95%.
Nadir

Postby steadypal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 am

Nadir wrote:
steadypal wrote:all my testing shows about on avg 80% ish uptime on the dodge libram, is everybody else getting similar results?

In a tank and spank situation where you use Hammer of the Righteous every six seconds, the average up time will be greater than 95%.

i hit hotr every 6 seconds on a target dummy for 30 minutes and got 83% uptime.. fwiw
steadypal

Postby Vedge » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:17 am

steadypal wrote:
i hit hotr every 6 seconds on a target dummy for 30 minutes and got 83% uptime.. fwiw

Did you count misses in or are you hit capped?
Imagehttp://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Vedge
Vedge

Postby Nadir » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:31 am

With regard to the best weapon avoidance enchant post DR, we still don't have a good model for determining the avoidance contribution of Blade Ward. Mongoose is approximately 120 AGI (132 with Kings) with 50% uptime. Blade Ward? :?

Using a BiS T8 era Paladin with Libram of Defiance as a baseline, Blade Ward would need to provide an average of at least 52 parry rating to be superior to Mongoose in terms of avoidance post DR. FWIW, Rawr's most recent version estimates that Blade Ward provides an average of 48 parry rating.
Nadir

Postby arktik » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 pm

What i did was went and bought it, tried it out for a bit on the target dummy and ya the uptime is amazingly high. Usually it would go for almost every hotr and when it didnt, the buff went away for just 3 seconds and came back on the next one. Never missed so much that it was gone for more than 3 seconds from my experience. Maybe if you have enough EoTs you can just buy it and return it like i did. I got the ring instead and ill be getting the libram next.
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 pm

it procs on USE of hitting the button on your bars, pretty sure its not hotr hitting stuff...

and it does have a 10second or so uptime, so if it doesnt proc at 8ish, it does have a chance to drop off, 80% is still pretty high of an uptime, i just dont see the 95-98% uptime that ppl are talking about..

idk, it is really good, but then sometimes to me, i think hmm gear with additional stats or a libram..
steadypal

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm

steadypal wrote:it procs on USE of hitting the button on your bars, pretty sure its not hotr hitting stuff...

and it does have a 10second or so uptime, so if it doesnt proc at 8ish, it does have a chance to drop off, 80% is still pretty high of an uptime, i just dont see the 95-98% uptime that ppl are talking about..

idk, it is really good, but then sometimes to me, i think hmm gear with additional stats or a libram..

See post here - viewtopic.php?p=483741#p483741

Two threads should probably be merged, but in any case, if someone reads this and not that, thought it'd be a good idea to give them some data to look at.
Jerey-Darkspear

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations