Remove Advertisements

Spiritual Attunement and threat

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Spiritual Attunement and threat

Postby Reiyuka » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:49 pm

I think it was Joanadark, on his blog, who pointed out that Spiritual Attunement is a significant chunk of threat.

http://wowwebstats.com/6acjwekt2vgt5?s=4535-5151&a=24

* 43k from SoV (82k threat)
* 27k from JoV (51k threat)
* 17k from HS (43k threat)
* 4.3k from Sanctuary (8.2k threat)
* 2.5k from Vengeance (4.8k threat)

AND

from SA, I gained 56,586 mana, or 28k threat.

That threat is spread out over all the mobs in range in the room, though, so for Magtheridon in particular, it's probably only about 20k threat after he spawns.

Still, however, that is no insignificant portion of my overall threat generation strategy. :) I'm really happy for this observation.

Now, how can we use this fact more to our advantage..

(Also: Magtheridon to 40%, hooray. wtb more warlocks, and people who can live long enough to click. :( )
Last edited by Reiyuka on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reiyuka

Postby matchbox » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:01 pm

hey your from kilrogg i used to be on that server pre-tbc, hows illuminati doing?
matchbox

Postby Reiyuka » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 am

matchbox wrote:hey your from kilrogg i used to be on that server pre-tbc, hows illuminati doing?

Illuminati collapsed a couple weeks ago, actually. It was kind of sad.

There's been quite a lot of server upheavel with guilds lately; several collapses and reformings and new guilds - server progression has ground to a virtual halt because of it.
Reiyuka

Postby Brute » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:55 am

warriors gain threat from using Bloodrage, which I assume is from the rage gained through use of that ability. Do they also generate threat for creating rage on white attacks?
Brute

Postby Lore » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:08 am

Brute wrote:warriors gain threat from using Bloodrage, which I assume is from the rage gained through use of that ability. Do they also generate threat for creating rage on white attacks?

No, though they do get threat for bonus rage from things like Charge and Unbridled Wrath.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Agravaine » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:51 am

Er, I thought that everyone got threat from all "power gains."
Agravaine

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Agravaine wrote:Er, I thought that everyone got threat from all "power gains."

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

But it's not a lot. Generating 1 rage = 5 threat split amongst all mobs in the pull.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Everlight » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:21 pm

You gain threat from power gains that get listed in the combat log. Natural mana regeneration (or from innervate), rage gain from white damage, and natural energy gain don't generate threat.

Unbridled Wrath gets listed in the combat log, as does Shield Specialization rage gains.
Everlight

Postby Vanifae » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Everlight wrote:You gain threat from power gains that get listed in the combat log. Natural mana regeneration (or from innervate), rage gain from white damage, and natural energy gain don't generate threat.

Unbridled Wrath gets listed in the combat log, as does Shield Specialization rage gains.

This is my understanding of this as well.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Makaijin » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:42 pm

You should gain threat from Bloodrage too, as the rage gain shows up on the combat log too, unless they changed it recently.

Back in the day doing AQ20 last boss on my warrior as OT, I would use bloodrage as soon as the MT started. The boss went for me instead of the MT, after the 3rd time my MT asked me to not use bloodrage and the problem solved itself.
Makaijin

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations