3.2.2 threat nerf

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby kaanman36 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 am

Majiben wrote:Which still hardly makes sense to me since we lived without stam and thus extra SP on BoSanc for a long time, and the 10% str is massively more threat than the SP lost if BoS didn't gain str scaling in 3.2.2.

They have other reasons for making BoS gain str.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you Majiben. Obviously we lived without Stamina on Sanctuary for a long time, but once they added it, they feel like they should not take that SP buff from us just because our SP scaling changed stats.

I think that it is too much of a coincidence that Prot's SP used to scale with Stamina and now in the same patch when they change the SP scaling to Strength, they change Sanctuary to include Strength.

Obviously, Blizz still wants Sanctuary to be the premier blessing for Paladin tanking.

On a side note, I think that it is funny that a lot of people here have been calling for Sanctuary to be basically an "Improved Kings" for a while, and we are moving closer and closer to that.
Staring at boss crotch since 2005.
Gathorc - 85 Paladin
Eitrigg US

Read my blog http://bigshinyshield.blogspot.com...or don't.
kaanman36

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 am

kaanman36 wrote:
Majiben wrote:Which still hardly makes sense to me since we lived without stam and thus extra SP on BoSanc for a long time, and the 10% str is massively more threat than the SP lost if BoS didn't gain str scaling in 3.2.2.

They have other reasons for making BoS gain str.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you Majiben. Obviously we lived without Stamina on Sanctuary for a long time, but once they added it, they feel like they should not take that SP buff from us just because our SP scaling changed stats.

I think that it is too much of a coincidence that Prot's SP used to scale with Stamina and now in the same patch when they change the SP scaling to Strength, they change Sanctuary to include Strength.

Obviously, Blizz still wants Sanctuary to be the premier blessing for Paladin tanking.

On a side note, I think that it is funny that a lot of people here have been calling for Sanctuary to be basically an "Improved Kings" for a while, and we are moving closer and closer to that.

Yeah, but at this rate, it's still going to take a while. I wish they'd just get it over with and do it.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Jasari » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:15 am

Gamingdevil wrote:Yeah, but at this rate, it's still going to take a while. I wish they'd just get it over with and do it.

They've actually said that they're getting rid of all "Improved ______" talents for Cataclysm, so I'd expect something entirely different to happen to all the Paladin blessings.
Jasari

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

Jasari wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Yeah, but at this rate, it's still going to take a while. I wish they'd just get it over with and do it.

They've actually said that they're getting rid of all "Improved ______" talents for Cataclysm, so I'd expect something entirely different to happen to all the Paladin blessings.

Didn't they say that all buffs are going to be buyable? At least... that's what my boyfriend told me.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:21 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Jasari wrote:

Didn't they say that all buffs are going to be buyable? At least... that's what my boyfriend told me.

Umm, they're adding some craftable buff-replacements, but I don't remember hearing anything about having all buffs be purchasable.

* Runescroll of Stamina - Snowfall Ink, Resilient Parchment x 5 - Increases Stamina by 165 for all party and raid members for 1 hr.

Leatherworking

* Drums of Forgotten Kings - Heavy Borean Leather x 8, Icy Dragonscale x 8 - Gives all members of the raid or group the Blessing of Forgotten Kings, increasing total stats by 8% for 30 min.
* Drums of the Wild - Heavy Borean Leather x 4, Jormungar Scale x 20 - Gives the Gift of the Wild to all party and raid members, increasing armor by 750, all attributes by 37 and all resistances by 54 for 1 hr.
Jasari

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 am

Currently, it seems you get bonuses as you progress into a tree. For example, 30 points in prot reduce the %crit chance against you by 4%.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 am

Jasari wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Jasari wrote:They've actually said that they're getting rid of all "Improved ______" talents for Cataclysm, so I'd expect something entirely different to happen to all the Paladin blessings.

Umm, they're adding some craftable buff-replacements, but I don't remember hearing anything about having all buffs be purchasable.

To be more specific, he said something like "So did you hear that paladin buffs will be purchaseable on scrolls in Cataclysm? ie. I can go buy Kings if there isn't a paladin in the raid to give it to me."
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:28 pm

That does seem to be it, a few fancier buffs will be watered down and written in scrolls and the like.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 pm

I find it a little interesting that Fort and Gift of the Wild are direct clones, but Kings is a nerfed version.

To be honest I think the buff items are a little much - they might as well just increase everyone's stats by that amount, as the buffs will almost always be present now regardless of class composition. (Recall their argument for not implementing the Stamina to Weapon enchant.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm

I still think they need to get rid of kings entirely.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:09 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I find it a little interesting that Fort and Gift of the Wild are direct clones, but Kings is a nerfed version.

Fort and Gotw clones are clones of the untalented buff. Since Kings doesn't have a talented and untalented version, to simulate a untalented kings they reduced the bonus by 2%

It makes sense.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Heni » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 am

Either way the change to strength instead of stamina for Touched by the Light is going to make protection paldains OP for PvP. If you PvP as prot in shield block gear, etc and I gem for strength in that gear, you end up with a good amount of strength and 60% of that is now SP as well. That is going to make all the abilities do quite a bit more damage. As when I am prot in PvP I have only 26k or so health instead of 40k.
Heni

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 am

Heni wrote:Either way the change to strength instead of stamina for Touched by the Light is going to make protection paldains OP for PvP. If you PvP as prot in shield block gear, etc and I gem for strength in that gear, you end up with a good amount of strength and 60% of that is now SP as well. That is going to make all the abilities do quite a bit more damage. As when I am prot in PvP I have only 26k or so health instead of 40k.

The change from stamina to strength was because prot pvp was op.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby toothdecaykills » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Heni wrote:Either way the change to strength instead of stamina for Touched by the Light is going to make protection paldains OP for PvP. If you PvP as prot in shield block gear, etc and I gem for strength in that gear, you end up with a good amount of strength and 60% of that is now SP as well. That is going to make all the abilities do quite a bit more damage. As when I am prot in PvP I have only 26k or so health instead of 40k.

The change from stamina to strength was because prot pvp was op.

The change from Stamina to Strength was because prot pvp healing was OP. I think Heni is trying to explore potential imbalances in regards to our offensive abilities. Simply put, we gain a damaging stat by continuing to stack another totally separate damaging stat.
toothdecaykills

Postby Heni » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes exactly I'm talking about protection pvp, wearing SBV gear and gemming for strength. Works well in 2's with a rogue for example. With making this change when you are stacking strength, something I would never do while actually tanking cause I stack stamina, makes my damage out put even higher when I am already constantly destroying people and living forever with ardent defender, bubble, etc. This would make it pretty OP and I would argue in circumstances it already is but it is so under represented that not really on the Blizzard radar.
Heni

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations