3.2.2 threat nerf

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby NYRIN1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:42 am

Righteous Fury: The bonus threat from Holy spells caused by this talent has been reduced from 90% to 80%.
Talents

Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds.
Touched by the Light: This talent now provides 20/40/60% of the paladin’s strength as spell power instead of 10/20/30% of the paladin’s stamina.


in my current gear i get 893 spell power from TBtL, with the STR converstion i would only get 797.

Weak, over all TPS and DPS nerf.
Image
User avatar
NYRIN1
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Miami

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Sathoris » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:55 am

I'll lose 200 SP from this nerf. I don't think it's that noticable as I'm way ahead of our best dps classes.

But still it's a noticible nerf from the tanking point of view, if geared with stamina.

Now we can apreciate STR stat as a TPS stat even more. So i reckon TPS gear wise will get a buff from this.
User avatar
Sathoris
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:03 am
Location: Sunstrider EU

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby dDStyle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 am

Can really see the point on nerfing RF by 10%.
Our AoE tanking ability are OP as in TBC. And will get worse with less SP.

A haste fix to the pvp problem. But our gems will be more STR and our singel target TPS might even go up..
dDStyle
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 am

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Kynes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:15 am

dDStyle wrote:Can really see the point on nerfing RF by 10%.
Our AoE tanking ability are OP as in TBC. And will get worse with less SP.

A haste fix to the pvp problem. But our gems will be more STR and our singel target TPS might even go up..


I've never gemmed STR. Ever. And I doubt I ever will. It's just not worth it.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
User avatar
Kynes
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:17 am

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Jasari » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:22 am

Kynes wrote:
dDStyle wrote:Can really see the point on nerfing RF by 10%.
Our AoE tanking ability are OP as in TBC. And will get worse with less SP.

A haste fix to the pvp problem. But our gems will be more STR and our singel target TPS might even go up..


I've never gemmed STR. Ever. And I doubt I ever will. It's just not worth it.


I gem str in my heroics/threat set... although I wear my stam set when initially invited to the group so they don't panic that I only have 26k HP.
User avatar
Jasari
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby tlitp » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 am

in an ideal raid environment, Nyrin would lose ~30 SP, Sathoris would lose ~115 SP (based upon their current armory profiles); comparatively, the change on RF will have a considerably larger impact on the overall threat output
User avatar
tlitp
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby NYRIN1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:15 am

tlitp wrote:in an ideal raid environment, Nyrin would lose ~30 SP, Sathoris would lose ~115 SP (based upon their current armory profiles); comparatively, the change on RF will have a considerably larger impact on the overall threat output



yep, 10%, so from a if im pumping (on average) 8k tps this will now be 7.2k tps (again on average)
Image
User avatar
NYRIN1
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Miami

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Dantriges » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:25 am

5% because the 143 baked in salvationreplacement won´t be affected, unless they screw it up of course.
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Saskatoon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 am

Just wondering what would new Seal of Command be for tanking? Now that it always chains to 2 additional targets, at least for aoe tanking it sounds like HotR every melee swing
Saskatoon, lvl 70 Half-time Protadin, Stormreaver (EU)
Saskatoon
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Hyvinkää, Finland

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Chicken » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

Nyrin1 wrote:
tlitp wrote:in an ideal raid environment, Nyrin would lose ~30 SP, Sathoris would lose ~115 SP (based upon their current armory profiles); comparatively, the change on RF will have a considerably larger impact on the overall threat output



yep, 10%, so from a if im pumping (on average) 8k tps this will now be 7.2k tps (again on average)
It's a multiplier, so you can't just calculate it like that. We need to take your 8k, and then divide that by 1.9, and multiply that by 1.8 to get your real threat, which would be 7578 TPS from 8000, or an ~5.3% reduction in your threat produced. It's actually slightly less since that's ignoring auto-attacks contributions to TPS which is obviously not affected by this change.

I'd guesstimate it'll come down to an approximate 5% reduction.
Last edited by Chicken on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Pallychick » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

Saskatoon wrote:Just wondering what would new Seal of Command be for tanking? Now that it always chains to 2 additional targets, at least for aoe tanking it sounds like HotR every melee swing


nah, i don't think it will be worth the extra point just for trash pulling. no one cares about trash anymore, anyway.
Image
Pallychick
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby toothdecaykills » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:52 am

Am I a minority, or do other Paladins routinely lack Kings in a raid and only run with Sanc? To me, the TbtL nerf seems pretty harsh given the realities of a raid that can't provide all necessary Blessings to me for whatever reason.

Also, anybody notice that they basically just made a talent that scales a threat stat from a threat stat?
toothdecaykills
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Awyndel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 am

Then there is white dmg, so prolly 4% or less.

Remember raid buffs, the sp loss will prolly be a lot bigger.
User avatar
Awyndel
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Chicken » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:15 am

Just for the Righteous Fury change, going by Theck's last numbers on how much TPS each ability does and assuming they scale perfectly well in relation to each other.

We do 2719 DPS from holy damage abilities and 736 DPS from auto-attacks. Righteous fury increases this by multiplying the holy damage by it's listed multiplier, and all attacks by the built-in Salv multiplier (Which is ~45.8%). I'll apply the Salv multiplier first since that applies to both types of damage, this gives us 3964 TPS from holy attacks and 1073 TPS from auto-attacks. For the current Righteous Fury, that gives us 7531 TPS from holy attacks or 8604 TPS. For the nerfed Righteous Fury, it's 7135 TPS from holy attacks, for 8208 TPS. A roughly 4.6% threat loss from the Righteous Fury change.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby Isetnefret » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:15 am

Raid buffs like Horn of Winter?
Image
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
User avatar
Isetnefret
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest