Remove Advertisements

HEY! Where did all the hit go?!

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: HEY! Where did all the hit go?!

Postby baneoftruth » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Candiru wrote:5. Enchant hit on Weapon
6. Enchant hit on gloves / gem hit in yellow sockets.
7. Use a hit trinket when you actually need hit
?

I am thinking about regemming shiver to have a +20hit gem. I already have enchanted it with titanium weapon chain. I can then tank with Ardent guard most of the time, and swap in shiver before I taunt, then swap back.

Those all fall under the 2nd item I listed...
2. Maintain extra pieces of gear with hit rating on them, swap those pieces in for taunt/threat sensitive encounters
baneoftruth

Postby Enkal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 am

Kiorken wrote:Oh well. Exp isn't that great for pallies.

According to the latest theory craft, exp is actually really nice for pallies. :)
Enkal

Postby Thalastor82 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am

Enkal wrote:According to the latest theory craft, exp is actually really nice for pallies. :)

Yep, the theroycraft guys calculated that is actually a very good avoidance stat (even above the soft cap) since it reduces the boss' parry haste. And actually reduces very effectively spike damage, thus acting "when you need".

I think I'll wait until 3.2.2 before acting, I want to check before saying "don't need hit for maintaining aggro".

If it is the case that the other threat stats will be enough (as most of us believe), then I would choose the option "swap for hit items in taunt-or-die situations" and live with high expertise and low hit.

If the situation turns to be really desperate, I'll gem some yellow slots with hit/stam or just hit, but right now I'm not very concerned, since I looted http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47952/saba ... ng-vortex/ AND http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47918/drea ... armguards/
Thalastor82

Postby Enkal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 am

I think I'll aim for ToC10H boots and wrist to keep some hit up together with T9 pants and +20 hit on gloves.
Enkal

Postby fudomyou » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 am

Don't forget the saronite swordbreakers in this discussion. They can be a great addition to your threat set, and the yellow socket means you can gem it for more hit as needed.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Soralin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Glyph Taunt and use that to pick up mobs. Hit is fairly irrelevant for threat past the first 3-5 seconds (especially if you are getting tricks/md).

I view expertise as a survival/avoidance stat now rather than a threat stat. Once you look at it like that it's not so bad.

I certainly don't like the fact that I'm so far under hit cap (just picked up Tier legs and am about 125 hit) but my threat doesnt seem to suffer as a result.
Soralin

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations