How does Vindication work?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

How does Vindication work?

Postby Serv » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 am

Since 3.2 is out I've been wondering who Vindication works. Don't missunderstand me - it kann miss. HoR applys it by 100% etc.

What boggles me is, who much atp has a Lvl 83 Boss and to what amount does Vindication modulate the incoming dmg?
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Re: How does Vindication work?

Postby Isetnefret » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am

Hammer procs it 100%.

Other attacks seem to proc it at a pretty damn good rate.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_power

It is pretty significant, plus, I prefer my ret paladins DON'T spend the points on it (so they can't whine about not having enough points for DSac).

Also, EVERY DPS cries like a goddamn baby about having to debuff a boss, Sylvannas forbid anyone should think about more than their damn Recount numbers.

The more I can do myself, the better, because I'm running out of baby wipes.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby ArmsOfWar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 am

Isetnefret wrote:Also, EVERY DPS cries like a goddamn baby about having to debuff a boss, Sylvannas forbid anyone should think about more than their damn Recount numbers.

The more I can do myself, the better, because I'm running out of baby wipes.

Classic!
ArmsOfWar

Postby Serv » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 am

i knew the Wowwiki article. Let's go more into detail.
If we assume (DPS_from_AttackPower + Base_DPS) * Multiplier is correct, I'm bumbing right into some questions.
First of all, does the attackpower of a Boss equal the amount of attackpower reduced bei Demo/Vind/CoW an secondly how significant is this debuff in numbers.

In Advance.
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 am

It's effectiveness depends heavily on the boss. Bosses with specials that are modified by their attack power can take a huge hit from Vind/Demo/etc, while one that does not might lose a smaller amount of damage. Thorim's(and Vek'nilash, and Razuvious) Unbalancing Strike deals a percentage of weapon damage modified by their attack power., so it's really useful there.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Daikina » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 am

Isetnefret wrote:Hammer procs it 100%.

Other attacks seem to proc it at a pretty damn good rate.

I think you meant to say Avenger's Shield procs it 100%, and not hammer. Because unless I am crazy, hammer of righteousness has been fairly unsuccessful at applying Vindication for me.
Daikina

Postby Isetnefret » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 am

Yes! My brain doesn't cooperate with my hands.

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby sublimated » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Anyone else noticing vindication won't re-apply until the former debuff has run out? Or am I just crazy?
sublimated

Postby Wrathy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 pm

sublimated wrote:Anyone else noticing vindication won't re-apply until the former debuff has run out? Or am I just crazy?

It refreshed for me just fine.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Refreshes fine for me as well, check what Unit Frames you use :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 am

I had that problem too, until I realized a warrior in my raid was doing demo shout still (Twilight Zone, I know right?)
jere

Postby Chicken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:32 am

I can't say I've had issues with it reapplying ever, even though our Warriors always insist they keep up talented demoralizing shout.
Chicken

Postby Isetnefret » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 am

Chicken wrote:I can't say I've had issues with it reapplying ever, even though our Warriors always insist they keep up talented demoralizing shout.

Same here.......one has to wonder...

Isetnefret

Postby Candiru » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am

According to my Utopia addon, warrior demo shout when fully talented is more AP reduction than vindication, so it *should* push it off if used.

Most warriors don't spec 5/5 imp demo shout though.
Candiru

Postby æ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 am

Could someone explain why this is something tanks should pick up? It really seems like its not worth it. 41 DPS mitigation per melee mob isnt it just that flat out at it best?

Or.. does this save up over a hatefull strike or something? Say a special attack that has 10 sec between. Does that mean youll save 410 damage off that attack? Even then it seems a bit bland considering 20k hits.

I want to like it but I dont see it being worth it, so someone change my mind with some more in depth information on how this prevents a worthwhile amount of incomeing
Last edited by æ on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations