[Def-block-parry-dodge] advice

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

[Def-block-parry-dodge] advice

Postby lirael » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 am

Hi
my guild is starting to run Ulduar 25. We have a new tankadin who asking what stats (between block, dodge, parry and def)he should be aiming for to be reasonnable for this.

I said that the requirements were:
- 540 def
- ~40-45 mitigation
- ideally he should reach the block cap of 102.4%

When this is obtained, he should in order of priority increase:
- mitigation (at what point does dodge rating becomes better than parry rating?)
- def
- block

please let me know if this is good advice for me to give or if I should shut my mouth and read more :P
Paladin 70
lirael

Re: [Def-block-parry-dodge] advice

Postby Nadir » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:29 am

lirael wrote:Hi
my guild is starting to run Ulduar 25. We have a new tankadin who asking what stats (between block, dodge, parry and def)he should be aiming for to be reasonnable for this.

I said that the requirements were:
- 540 def
- ~40-45 mitigation
- ideally he should reach the block cap of 102.4%

When this is obtained, he should in order of priority increase:
- mitigation (at what point does dodge rating becomes better than parry rating?)
- def
- block

please let me know if this is good advice for me to give or if I should shut my mouth and read more :P

For any raid instance, he's going to want to be uncritable. For Ulduar, and especially its hard mode encounters, he's going to want to exclusively stack physical effective health - i.e. stamina and armor. Generally the highest physical EH pieces have a decent amount of avoidance stats on them, so he'll never have to gem for dodge or parry, beyond the one red gem necessary to activate the meta.
Nadir

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations