Remove Advertisements

3.2 Seal of Choice

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

3.2 Seal of Choice

Postby Drunkheifer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 am

Alright after reading all the hype and changes on about 3.2 I am a little bit confused on this one. I used the 53/18 build picking up Vindication, PoJ, and Crusade. Since i didn't pick up SotP is Seal of Vengeance still my seal of choice. I know they did some changes with our seals, took some away and buffed others so this has left me a little unsure which to use. In Uld last night i kept on chuggin with my SoV on, was that the right thing to do?
Drunkheifer

Re: 3.2 Seal of Choice

Postby toothdecaykills » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 am

Yes, Seal of Vengeance is still your primary Seal for all situations. Also, the glyph is now stronger than ever with the extra proc damage awarded by the Seal.
toothdecaykills

Postby Drunkheifer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 am

Sweet thank you, it felt weird when i tried out SoR last night so i kept up SoV. Appriciate the quick reply man, thanks again.
Drunkheifer

Postby Mert » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:13 am

I believe that in Ulduar 5/5 SotP comes out ever so slightly ahead in threat (but by a slim enough margin to not really matter) but because most of the mobs in the Coliseum are beats 3/3 Crusade is actually a 6% increase against them rather than 3%, making it the clear winner in the new instance content.

Either way, the only person who will likely be able to pull off you is another Prot Paladin anyway so you're all good. I'll personally be sticking with the 3/3 Crusade build (though I'll move to 2/2 Vindication; 1/5 Conviction; 2/2 Persuit of Justice).
Mert

Postby Ziggi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

i will admit, SoV with HotR is a bit silly.... 4 targets all with the debuff puts you light years in threat ahead of anyone if they are focusing your target and for the switches.
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations