Which 6969?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Which 6969?

Postby MrMagu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm

PessimiStick wrote:
hoho wrote:I have hammer and shield bound to keys 1 and 2, HS, judgement and consecrate 3-5. I always try to alternate betwen 6s and 9s cooldown ability, what exactly would it be doesn't really matte much as you'll get into rotation in a matter of seconds. It is possible to macro it into two buttons but it won't be as flexible then.

You can actually macro it to a single key, and it's what I do when tanking heroics and such. Technically speaking if you aren't subbing Exo or AS you can pretty much use it on everything since it's the optimal rotation anyway.

I picked up a macro, can't remember from where, but it had the 3 9s in one macro and the 2 6s in the other. With those macros key bound and each ability in a bar it makes it easier for me to rotate in a Exo or what ever.
MrMagu

Postby Soralin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

I had that for about an hour before I ditched it. I just like being able to choose which abilities to hit when - often when tanking large-ish groups I won't follow a 969, but will tab target using hotr/judge/shor on each until I have firmly established threat. All in all I'm not really a fan of using macros like this, largely because you are rarely playing in a vaccuum (with one or two exceptions, for example Patchwerk or XT-002, and macros can't allow for unusual circumstances.
Soralin

Postby Ard » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 am

I have my keys bound 1 HS 2 HotR 3 Judgement 4 ShoR 5 Consecrate
rotation: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 2 - 1 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 5 - 4 repeat ^^
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Postby benskies » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 am

of course it depends on the situation you're in but generally i like to use the following

1. ShoR
2. HS
3. HoR
4. Con
5. ShoR
6. Judgement

i swap 4 & 6 if its a difficult battle, but otherwise i like to hit consecration earlier cos it looks so cool :P
and ill swap 1& 3 depending on how close the mobs are together at the start of the battle.

but yeah i guess within the 69696 boundaries thats just my preference. mad props to whoever coined the 696 sequence!
benskies

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 am

The 969 is cyclic and as such Everything ends up the same thing. The only thing yu can change while maintaining the 969 is what to start with. It tends to be quite simple: Judgment for boss. ShoR for single target nasty, HotR for aoe nasties...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Spotnick » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Might be me, but I'm really starting we should open with consecrate.

Too many times I had mobs passing me by before the macro got to consecrate, and quite honestly this sucks. Prefer to maybe get hit a little more by not having holy shield up to start with, then doing taunt recoveries.

Of course, on boss it doesn't matter.
Spotnick

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Spotnick wrote:Might be me, but I'm really starting we should open with consecrate.

Too many times I had mobs passing me by before the macro got to consecrate, and quite honestly this sucks. Prefer to maybe get hit a little more by not having holy shield up to start with, then doing taunt recoveries.

Of course, on boss it doesn't matter.

Consecrate, akin to holy shield, can enjoy the pre-casting to mooch an extra second or two of effect as you pull the mob.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations