Remove Advertisements

ShoR testing on the PTR

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: ShoR testing on the PTR

Postby Minarva » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:29 am

...no. Unless you actually value STR as a strong mitigation stat right now...STR has little value for us as mitigation so if you can really try to nitpick something like that...where 90% of the time AD was leaprogged anyway (making this a non change therefore increasing STR's value, you can see things both ways as the block from STR alone would not have saved you, where as it is possible the block you get before AD is trigged would itself just be enough to save you.) I don't think I expressed that very well, but there is situations now where STR/BV would save you where they did not before (purely because AD wasn't working for those hits and the block alone was poop) therefore I find it hard to view this change negatively at all.
Minarva

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 am

Has anyone seen evidence of ShoR causing SoV 5-stack procs in the new PTR builds? The latest blue post on the issue (that I've seen, at least) indicated they intended paladin specials to proc it, but since he was addressing Ret issues it wasn't clear whether they meant all specials or just the ones that Ret cares about (CS, DS, Judgement).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 am

theckhd wrote:Has anyone seen evidence of ShoR causing SoV 5-stack procs in the new PTR builds? The latest blue post on the issue (that I've seen, at least) indicated they intended paladin specials to proc it, but since he was addressing Ret issues it wasn't clear whether they meant all specials or just the ones that Ret cares about (CS, DS, Judgement).

Just tested it, the only procs from SoV that I could see came from auto attacks or HotR, no procs anywhere near ShoR.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 am

Gamingdevil wrote:Just tested it, the only procs from SoV that I could see came from auto attacks or HotR, no procs anywhere near ShoR.

Good to know, thanks for testing that. Did you see any procs from Judgement, like they claimed we should?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:52 am

theckhd wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Just tested it, the only procs from SoV that I could see came from auto attacks or HotR, no procs anywhere near ShoR.

Good to know, thanks for testing that. Did you see any procs from Judgement, like they claimed we should?

Yes, I did. I had 1 more SoV proc than I had melee swings and HotR hits combined and when I went looking for the cause, it appeared as though Judgement procced it. I might be wrong though, since I only judged once.

EDIT: I just fought Jotun to test it, only auto attacks and judgements. Recount showed 121 Seal of Vengeance procs, 92 Melee attacks and 16 Judgements of Vengeance, I have no idea where the other 13 procs come from :shock:
Gamingdevil

Postby Widdox » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:06 am

Post webstats and go back through the logs looking for the ability right before the proc.
Widdox

Postby Carnegie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:36 pm

This has been discussed in the ret thread on EJ. Judgements are occasionally getting double seal procs (But not all the time).
Carnegie

Postby Candiru » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 am

hmm if we are getting a free SoV proc every 6 and 9s from HOTR and Judgement, this will make us scale with weapon speed even more than before with SoB?

I might be needing to get a nice slow 1H +agi weapon...
Candiru

Postby honorshammer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 am

We're doing more DPS while tanking than any other tank class right now. That's not good. The nerfbat will swingeth.
honorshammer

Postby Candiru » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:24 am

Sunder armour and FF+Free mangle don't make up the difference?

If you have some cat druids doing DPS a feral tank is a big DPS increase to save them keeping mangle up, and Sunder is a huge buff to your melee DPS.

DKs provide some good raid buffs too, but nothing most raids don't have.
Candiru

Postby Sheherezade » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:52 am

with the nerf in ShoR damage, and buff in seal damage, will SotP still be inferior to Crusade?
Brainssss... ( <3 Murata Renge!)
Sheherezade

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 am

Sheherezade wrote:with the nerf in ShoR damage, and buff in seal damage, will SotP still be inferior to Crusade?

No, but it's only slightly ahead for non-undead/humanoid/elemental/demons and Crusade pulls ahead by a large margin when you are fighting such mobs.
Gamingdevil

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 am

I don't think anyone bothered to mention it, or even if it's important, but ShoR has a 100% chance to proc Vindication. Avenger's Shield does as well.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I don't think anyone bothered to mention it, or even if it's important, but ShoR has a 100% chance to proc Vindication. Avenger's Shield does as well.

I'm not sure about that. I tested SoV procs the other day and then to me it seemed like that as well. But at a certain point it didn't proc from ShoR. The ShoR might've missed though, I wasn't paying particular attention to that and I don't really remember.
Gamingdevil

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I don't think anyone bothered to mention it, or even if it's important, but ShoR has a 100% chance to proc Vindication. Avenger's Shield does as well.

I'm not sure about that. I tested SoV procs the other day and then to me it seemed like that as well. But at a certain point it didn't proc from ShoR. The ShoR might've missed though, I wasn't paying particular attention to that and I don't really remember.

Just spent about 5 minutes in front of a training dummy angled so that I could use abilities but not swing my weapon. ShoR always procced Vindication.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations