Blood draining being viable with new AD?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Blood draining being viable with new AD?

Postby Inimicus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 am

Exolaeth wrote:<_< I'll be keeping my Accuracy.

Me too.

<3 Stupidly low amounts of hit on Ulduar/Tier 8.5 gear.
Inimicus

Postby Varmin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm

What do you need hit for? We have 2 taunts.
Varmin

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Varmin wrote:What do you need hit for? We have 2 taunts.

Hit is still 2nd best stat for tps behind Str. There's no Str to weapon, so Accuracy isn't a bad way to go, if you don't go for goose/agil/somethingelse instead.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Varmin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Why do you need threat?

Especially after the patch, the SoV buff is giving me something like 1k TPS, easily makes up for the ShoR nerf, and more.
Varmin

Postby defeated » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:07 am

To be completely honest, i have no clue why so many paladins worry about threat so much, it seems like a waste going for tons of hit and other stats besides dodge, parry, and stam, shield block gear is decent if you need threat, considering the change to BV as well as the amount of str on those items are usually of a high amount, as a paladin tank i usually never have threat issues unless its a gimmick fight when i will need tricks of the trade or other buffs just to help sustain aggro.

Either way, i think i may keep blade ward if the proc is really something decent, and may do some more testing with blood draining on ptr to see if it is any better than its current state.
defeated

Postby jere » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 am

defeated wrote:To be completely honest, i have no clue why so many paladins worry about threat so much, it seems like a waste going for tons of hit and other stats besides dodge, parry, and stam, shield block gear is decent if you need threat, considering the change to BV as well as the amount of str on those items are usually of a high amount, as a paladin tank i usually never have threat issues unless its a gimmick fight when i will need tricks of the trade or other buffs just to help sustain aggro.

Either way, i think i may keep blade ward if the proc is really something decent, and may do some more testing with blood draining on ptr to see if it is any better than its current state.

As your dps improve, they tend to ride you a bit closer. Now that they have snagged some ulduar gear, I already have a couple of mages and warlocks that ride my threat line in most fights.

Varmin wrote:Why do you need threat?

Especially after the patch, the SoV buff is giving me something like 1k TPS, easily makes up for the ShoR nerf, and more.

Mathematically, that means your weapon has a 1785ish white swing on average.

Of course that all assumes you are fully expertise and hit capped (I.E. you don't miss or get dodged/parried), and doesn't account for crit. Are you sure you are getting that much extra TPS?
jere

Postby Inimicus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am

Varmin wrote:What do you need hit for? We have 2 taunts.

Ever had 2 taunts miss on Thorim HM?

...I have, not fun tbh.

Also we have to see how much the ShoR nerf will hurt us, I feel a lot. I can already smell the fire mages getting 5 pyro procs in a row on me.
Inimicus

Postby Jasari » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:52 am

Inimicus wrote:Also we have to see how much the ShoR nerf will hurt us, I feel a lot. I can already smell the fire mages getting 5 pyro procs in a row on me.

Our threat is more than fine with the proposed 3.2 changes.

See the matlab thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823&start=615#p456909
Jasari

Postby defeated » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 am

I have a feeling our threat will be fine also.

Btw i was testing on ptr earlier today, and with my last laugh i had blade ward enchanted on it to test it (mainly due to not caring to replace it since i figured i would get a new weapon much sooner), i didn't like it on live, however i had a feeling they would change it due to the proc rate being very very very bad.

I decided to test it on a test dummy, which on live i've left myself to melee the dummy for over 5 mins without one proc, after about 1-2 minutes i had multiple procs, way more than mongoose, and it did actually stack, i am thinking about re-evaluating this enchant do to the results i have witnessed, and possibly giving it another chance at being awesome.

Does anyone know of any good proc counting/tracking addons?

I used proculus however it does not register blade warding for some reason.
defeated

Postby Jasari » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:13 am

Of course you're going to see it stack against a target dummy. They don't fight back and so you're never going to parry.
Jasari

Postby Candiru » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:31 am

Well on live it doesn't stack against a target dummy as it procs so rarely..
Candiru

Postby Arees » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am

I'm wondering if the SoV 5 stack hit has a seperate chance to proc it from the swing. Also, the SoV dot has become a melee attack... does that mean it can proc it as well?
Arees

Postby steadypal » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:I'm wondering if the SoV 5 stack hit has a seperate chance to proc it from the swing. Also, the SoV dot has become a melee attack... does that mean it can proc it as well?

thats what i've come to the conclusion to

im not sure if thats working intended or not, but it seems the 5stack SOV hit also has a chance to proc it..

been doing 30 minute wws reports and its pretty much proccing dbl the amount of times on ptr than it is on live.. and with 5stack SOV its pretty much reckoning hits endlessly while stacked :P me likes... 5stacks on 3-4 mobs with hotr proccing it is SEXY...
steadypal

Postby Arees » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am

Also, I read that judgement is now considered a melee attack instead of a ranged attack, so it should proc it as well. We should see an increase in procs of other stuff too, like moongoose.
Arees

Postby Varmin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 am

jere wrote:Mathematically, that means your weapon has a 1785ish white swing on average.

Of course that all assumes you are fully expertise and hit capped (I.E. you don't miss or get dodged/parried), and doesn't account for crit. Are you sure you are getting that much extra TPS?

Theck shows a pretty similar gain in is calculations between:

viewtopic.php?p=440044#p440044

and

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823&start=615#p456909

You also have to include raid buffs (Especially WF). As well as crit and procs from HotR.
Varmin

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations