Remove Advertisements

Blood draining being viable with new AD?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Blood draining being viable with new AD?

Postby Varmin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:49 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:Also, I read that judgement is now considered a melee attack instead of a ranged attack, so it should proc it as well. We should see an increase in procs of other stuff too, like moongoose.

The SoV dot also got changed to a melee attack meaning it should help proc enchants as well (Both of these are likely the reason Blade Ward proc rates are jumping)
Varmin

Postby Arees » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 am

I mentioned that about 4 or so posts back :)
Arees

Postby Varmin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Ah, didn't see that.

I did some testing with the new judgement, and it procs a seal of corruption.

Something else interesting I found was Judgements of the Just, is counting as an extra attack (And is being applied a second later than judgements. Though it doesn't do any damage, it will proc a 2nd stack of SoV, or a 2nd seal proc altogether simply from the same judgement (and I'm guessing extra mongoose etc procs). I'm going to guess this part is fixed, but judgements should definitely be proccing seals next patch.
Varmin

Postby Arees » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Varmin wrote:Something else interesting I found was Judgements of the Just, is counting as an extra attack (And is being applied a second later than judgements.

How do you know it is JotJ? Unless it is different on the PTR there is no debuff icon nor anything displayed in the combat log to indicate JotJ is up...
Arees

Postby Varmin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I tried it without JotJ, as well as you could see it happen in the combat log.

*Yeah, there is now a separate debuff and icon on the PTR.
Varmin

Postby Arees » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Varmin wrote:there is now a separate debuff and icon on the PTR.

Thats good to know... that means that other pally's judgements will probably not overwrite JotJ anymore.

*edit*
The topic in this thread has jumped around a lot... lol.
Arees

Postby Dalithe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 am

Blade Ward proc chance was increased, anyone know about any changes to the Blood Draining chant? Thanks in advance.
Dalithe

Postby steadypal » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 am

Dalithe wrote:Blade Ward proc chance was increased, anyone know about any changes to the Blood Draining chant? Thanks in advance.

someone posted a link to blues saying they are looking into why its proccing so much, and its not supposed to be a useful enchant yada yada...
steadypal

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:20 am

I posted about it over in this thread.... the one actually about blade warding =D
Arees

Postby Thels » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:18 pm

I still don't like procs. I'm currently using the agi enchant to stay block capped. However, once I can get block capped without the agi enchant, I'll probably switch to blood draining myself.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby daemonym » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:11 pm

i'll be gettign blood draining done once i replace my current weapon (broken promise). i look at it as a small stamina boost that kicks in when AD does. even if it takes you to 35% health +1 so the next hit you take will have essentially all of it's damage reduced. i don't like it currently because at that point the proc on it is likely to be wasted (since you're rather likely to die). with the new AD this isn't the case as often.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Mindrak » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 am

daemonym wrote:i'll be gettign blood draining done once i replace my current weapon (broken promise). i look at it as a small stamina boost that kicks in when AD does. even if it takes you to 35% health +1 so the next hit you take will have essentially all of it's damage reduced. i don't like it currently because at that point the proc on it is likely to be wasted (since you're rather likely to die). with the new AD this isn't the case as often.

If you have 40k HP and Blood Draining heals you for 2k, the highest you can end up with is ~ 22k from blood draining. Counting AD, any hit > 22k will still one shot you, thus leapfrogging blood draining. For any mob that hits more than (50% of your HP + 2k) in one hit, it can't be considered stamina, i.e. there is no situation where it will save you without other heals or cooldowns. It's still useful, but that's why many 25 man raiders ignore it. It looks much more valueable in 10 man than 25 man to me. I'll be getting it since I'll be doing almost exclusively 5/10 man in 3.2.
Mindrak

Postby Akeber » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 am

You can't look at incoming damage in a vaccum. Druid hots, renew, leader of the pack, JoL, healing stream, earth shield, sacred shield, PW:S. divine aegis, etc. etc. all either affect the size of the average hit, or provide some amount of health back between the boss's attacks. Also, ulduar bosses rarely hit for the same amount twice, their melee attacks seem to have a wide range on upper and lower end damage. Heck, even the difference between LoO being up or down will shave 500dmg off a hit, if it happens to land within five seconds of your last judgement.

Blood draining is a very good enchant now. In my opinion, it is a great choice for a progression tank. The changes in 3.2 may change that, but I will wait until we are closer to seeing 3.2 live to make that choice.
Akeber

Postby toothdecaykills » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 am

Akeber wrote:You can't look at incoming damage in a vaccum. Druid hots, renew, leader of the pack, JoL, healing stream, earth shield, sacred shield, PW:S. divine aegis, etc. etc. all either affect the size of the average hit, or provide some amount of health back between the boss's attacks. Also, ulduar bosses rarely hit for the same amount twice, their melee attacks seem to have a wide range on upper and lower end damage. Heck, even the difference between LoO being up or down will shave 500dmg off a hit, if it happens to land within five seconds of your last judgement.

Blood draining is a very good enchant now. In my opinion, it is a great choice for a progression tank. The changes in 3.2 may change that, but I will wait until we are closer to seeing 3.2 live to make that choice.

Interestingly, seeing as how this is about the new AD, I think I should point out that 3.2 has also made LoO new in a way and is now up 100% of the time thanks to the doubling of its duration. The same is true of the Tier 8 4 piece set bonus.

To me, it seems like Blood Draining basically just has a chance of lowering the amount of damage you take on an attack that would have triggered AD by 2k. Of course, NO amount of reactive healing will help you survive an attack that will kill you.
toothdecaykills

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations