So, 3.2 specs

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: So, 3.2 specs

Postby Modal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Worldie wrote:modus, i dont take imp HoJ simply cause for once i got a guild with competent interrupters. Before, i used to always have it.

I actually find Imp. HoJ useful for the stun quite often. Sure it doesn't work on bosses, and I wouldn't call it mandatory by any means, but I don't see any good reason not to take it over some other marginal choices (threat talents you probably don't need, etc.), but it's nice to have on fights with stunnable adds. Great for Ignis (stun add in fire and gtfo), which is what I originally put it in my build for.
Modal

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Actually conviction vs crusade is further compounded by crit scaling inversely (every additional %/point = worse than the previous) heh

*Jumping up and down at not being allowed on PTR cuz of the stupid bnet bug*
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:05 pm

moduspwnens wrote:It all depends. You don't pick up the Glyph of AS because you think it'll be higher sustained TPS. As you said, that is clearly in the stickies.

Glyph of AS is higher sustained TPS if you're weaving AS into your rotation for Judgement.

Of course, this is based off of 3.1 calculations, and the Vengeance glyph will gain some ground due to the new SoV proc, but I'd still put good money on the AS glyph outperforming the Vengeance glyph for sustained TPS.

The reason you do or don't pick up AS is really more of a playstyle question.
-If you value it for the utility of gaining aggro on 3 mobs at once, or silencing multiple mobs at once, then you'll pass up the threat boost.
-If you would rather have the higher up-front aggro on the pull and higher sustained TPS, then it's worth using over Vengeance. Especially if you have a lot of expertise without the glyph, which is possible with certain Ulduar gear sets.

I personally fall into the first category, whereas Modus would be in the second camp. I'd say both are perfectly viable options though. It's just a question of utility vs. raw TPS.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sputterduck » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:48 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0xAMuRusIufdxsRobc:pjGcmz
I'm going with this right here. I really like the 20 sec imp Hammer of Justice to be able to interrupt when I need to without having to rely on someone else. 1 point in Reckoning isn't going to be worth much, but eh, at least it will proc sometimes. I've only got 1/5 Conviction, but I'm wondering if I should drop that to get 2/2 Imp Might. I know that's not a big deal, but I have 1/2 imp Might now, and having 1/2 just seems awkward, or I could just move that point into Benediction.

Otherwise, anyone see anything really wrong with this spec choice?
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
Sputterduck

Postby Iselian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:09 am

Cohach, you might pull that 1/5 reckoning out and place it into Divine Sacrifice. Even if you're main tanking, there are times when it could be used, and when it is, it can be unrealistically overpowered (when used with bubble, of course).
Iselian

Postby Sputterduck » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 am

Iselian wrote:Cohach, you might pull that 1/5 reckoning out and place it into Divine Sacrifice. Even if you're main tanking, there are times when it could be used, and when it is, it can be unrealistically overpowered (when used with bubble, of course).

That's how I have it now, with 1 point in Divine Sacrifice, but I've never used it. Maybe I'll start trying to, but I always forget about it. Can anyone highlight any situations where it's good/feasible to use while MTing?
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
Sputterduck

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 am

Tantrum on XT

P2 on Yogg (might as well use it when you bubble to reset a 99 stack channel or escape a constrictor)

Kolgarn when you aren't tanking and are resetting your stacks of crunch armour with bubble.

Thorim gauntlet if an add gets loose.

Freya when explody lashers are exploding.

Hodir if you aren't tanking during frozen blows

Mimiron P2 heat wave
Candiru

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 am

Candiru wrote:Tantrum on XT

Sure it's cute, but not needed in any way (unless your DPS have like, 11k HP or something, then very yes :P).

P2 on Yogg (might as well use it when you bubble to reset a 99 stack channel or escape a constrictor)
99 Stack on the big things = wtf have your dps been doing? Those stacks only build up on damage taken and it doesn't (even without mimiron) get that high in our raids, 10 or 25s :<

Kolgarn when you aren't tanking and are resetting your stacks of crunch armour with bubble.

your kologarn must be slow... :< I never get the time to bubble more than the cast/cancelaura macro if i need to drop armour debuff(s?! not these days)

Wont that mean that instead of 1 add being loose, 4-5 adds will be loose? :P
I wouldn't consider DG very safe without DS and you have to accommodate damage that the other team might be taking, kinda unpredictable.. :<

They don't all go off at once and you really shouldn't have people dying to them anyway (spread out more/get better healers).

2 tank Hodir? Only on 25s? And then it shouldn't be much of a problem due to extra healers :<

Mimiron P2 heat wave

Is this on a timer or is it random? fairly sure it's IC oO
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 am

QuantumDelta wrote:
Candiru wrote:Tantrum on XT

Sure it's cute, but not needed in any way (unless your DPS have like, 11k HP or something, then very yes :P).

On hard mode the tantrum hits for over 100% of the DPSers health... the more HP they have the more healing they need so I don't quite see why their HP matters?

99 Stack on the big things = wtf have your dps been doing? Those stacks only build up on damage taken and it doesn't (even without mimiron) get that high in our raids, 10 or 25s :<

Well, if you get constricted you might as well bubble out, and then you might as well use Divine Sacrifice.

Sometimes things go wrong and the stacks hit 99, in that case bubbling to reset the channel can be beneficial, and while bubbled there is no reason not to divine sacrifice.

your kologarn must be slow... :< I never get the time to bubble more than the cast/cancelaura macro if i need to drop armour debuff(s?! not these days)

If the other tank is tanking you don't need to cast/cancel, you can just bubble to reset your stacks and then hit divine sacrifice to lower the damage on the raid / the add tank and the current tank. No reason not to use divine sacrifice when you are bubbled.

Wont that mean that instead of 1 add being loose, 4-5 adds will be loose? :P
I wouldn't consider DG very safe without DS and you have to accommodate damage that the other team might be taking, kinda unpredictable.. :<

There is no real AoE damage in the gauntlet when you aren't fighting the mini-bosses, so its fine to pop divine sacrifice if one add is loose and near death to redirect the damage. No need to bubble.

They don't all go off at once and you really shouldn't have people dying to them anyway (spread out more/get better healers).

Its not a matter of people dying, its a matter of lowering the damage the raid takes to lower the chances of anyone dying. especially on hard modes. If you use the "shouldn't have people dying anyway" argument then Combat res (if it was a talent) would obviously not be worth taking right?

2 tank Hodir? Only on 25s? And then it shouldn't be much of a problem due to extra healers :<

Frozen blows does a lot of AoE damage to the raid on 25m, ablating 30% of that is a massive help to the healers.

Mimiron P2 heat wave

Is this on a timer or is it random? fairly sure it's IC oO

How does its timing matter? 30% of the damage absorbed is helpfull! If you combine this with some aura mastery from holy paladins, divine sacrifice + bubble from ret paladin + prot paladin etc it makes hard mode a lot more manageable.
Candiru

Postby Nadir » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Candiru wrote:On hard mode the tantrum hits for over 100% of the DPSers health... the more HP they have the more healing they need so I don't quite see why their HP matters?

Things like Light Bomb can go off immediately before the Tantrum begins.
Nadir

Postby Conaan! » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:07 am

Nadir wrote:
Candiru wrote:On hard mode the tantrum hits for over 100% of the DPSers health... the more HP they have the more healing they need so I don't quite see why their HP matters?

Things like Light Bomb can go off immediately before the Tantrum begins.

thats not the point, the dsac will stop that damage also, if you are not using bubble/dsac during tantrum, tanking or not, you are pushing your healers too far, no matter how much health your dps has

and try hard mode XT 25 man, tantrum, really, REALLY hits hard, especially with light spark up and light bombs going off
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations