Remove Advertisements

Blade Ward - Subject to DR?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Blade Ward - Subject to DR?

Postby badgermonkey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Glorr wrote:Last I checked, BD was lame for a paladin, because it keeps Ardent Defender off of you. Discuss.

Does that mean all HoTs are too? :P
badgermonkey

Postby Nadir » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:41 am

Glorr wrote:Last I checked, BD was lame for a paladin, because it keeps Ardent Defender off of you. Discuss.

Do you keep a cancelaura macro for druid hots anytime you're below 35%?
Nadir

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:58 am

Nadir wrote:

Druid HoTs don't specifically kick in at 35%.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I use blade warding for the cool factor.

But does anyone use agility for the small constant incerease to avoidance armor and threat? Would mongoose always > agility?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby ruuden » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:11 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Nadir wrote:

Druid HoTs don't specifically kick in at 35%.

No, Lifebloom tics every 1 sec, Rejuv tics every 3 secs and Regrowth tics every 3 sec. So there arent many seconds, if any, that you dont get healed.

EDIT: If you also take into account Earth Shield, Feral Druid heal proc, and so on, you find alot of things that can interfere with AD.
ruuden

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 pm

ruuden wrote:No, Lifebloom tics every 1 sec, Rejuv tics every 3 secs and Regrowth tics every 3 sec. So there arent many seconds, if any, that you dont get healed.

EDIT: If you also take into account Earth Shield, Feral Druid heal proc, and so on, you find alot of things that can interfere with AD.

Yes, but those things don't kick in at 35%. Those things could just as easily keep me into my AD range on both ends. They could tick me from being dead, even with 30% reduction (bottom of AD range) into AD range, or they could tick on me from before I get that hit knocking me into the range, something that Blood Draining cannot do. That's what makes things that only kick in at 35% different from typical small heals.

Ultimately we're talking about something that's only going to happen a ridiculously small amount of times and for the vast, vast majority of fights, you could tank with minor beastslaying and be fine, but I'd rather have something that'll at least account for a few parries per encounter than something that may or may not help at all.

EDIT: This doesn't even take into account that it takes at least 50 seconds to even get a respectable heal size, etc. Neither are very good enchantments anyway.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Racolus » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Hollyhell wrote:
Racolus wrote:Why care about something which won't last more than 5 sec?

Because more avoidance that isn't subject to the effects of DR is pretty amazing.

If you really read the posts above (and below), you know it is not amazing and it suffers from DR.

EVEN if it does not suffer from DR, the proc rate and how long it can last still make it miserable.

There are several guide which stated it is the enchant to use, but from my experience I cannot say it is.
Racolus

Postby Mindrak » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:09 pm

For me the choice will be Blood Draining with 5/5 Divinity or Blade Ward with 2/5 Divinity and 3/5 Reckoning.
Mindrak

Postby Inimicus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Mindrak wrote:For me the choice will be Blood Draining with 5/5 Divinity or Blade Ward with 2/5 Divinity and 3/5 Reckoning.

Spec'ing either of those should be a crime punishable by death.

I used BW, I enjoyed it and it was ok, but of late due to crap Ulduar/T8.5 gear having little to no hit, I need accuracy.
How many stacks while tanking in Ulduar have people seen of BW? I've only ever had 2...I heard it stacks to 5.
Inimicus

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations