Remove Advertisements

Libram Switched start 9 rotation?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Libram Switched start 9 rotation?

Postby towelliee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:27 am

With the Libram of Obstruction I would start with Judgement for BV then SotR. With Sacred shield did anyone now start their fights using HS as their 9 then SotR for the increased DMG? I know some have been using HS to start a fight to begin but just wondering.
towelliee

Re: Libram Switched start 9 rotation?

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 am

I wouldn't ever do HS at the start, do it before. E.g. Prep SoV, HS 2s before the boss gets to you, then you can unload. The most efficient method is Judge->SoR, I believe.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby theckhd » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 am

This is my default opening technique:
theckhd wrote:My standard pulling technique is:
0.0 Divine Plea
1.5 Holy Shield
3.0 Avenger's Shield
4.5 Exorcism
-- start 969
6.0 Judgement
7.5 ShoR
9.0 Consecration
10.5 HotR
12.0 Holy Shield

It's prioritized for range: i.e., combat starts with AS (longest range), then exorcism as it gets closer, then Judgement once it's close to melee range, then ShoR when it's in melee range. However, it should give you maximum burst threat on the pull with either libram, since the first ShoR will get the buff from either libram.

I usually throw up a Sacred Shield right before Divine Plea as well, so that I have all my buffs up 100% of the time during the fight.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Kethion » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:08 pm

My opening sequeunce is pretty much the same as Theck's. I'd also continue to use judge first because it's nice to get the JotJ debuff up before the boss takes their first swing in.
Kethion

Postby Pracice » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Theck, where in that rotation would you put in Wings if you were going to use them? Just before AS?
Pracice

Postby Amaranthea » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:12 pm

In theory your rogues should be tricksing you just before they get into melee range (so they aren't actually wasting any dps time). Tricks and AW don't stack, so don't use AW until after tricks fades. I generally go through one rotation to make sure a 5 stack of vengeance is up, then pop AW.
Amaranthea

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Pracice wrote:Theck, where in that rotation would you put in Wings if you were going to use them? Just before AS?

No, wings should be popped once the mobs actually reached you (preferably shortly after casting Holy Shield in your rotation). If you pop the wings while you're closing range you're simply losing out on threat from melee/SoV.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm

My general rule of thumb is to pop AW on the first 6 second cooldown that follows a consecration. I haven't played with the timings to see if that actually maximizes stuff, but it seems logical that you want Consecration ticking as much as you can during AW.
jere

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:27 am

Pracice wrote:Theck, where in that rotation would you put in Wings if you were going to use them? Just before AS?

Depends on the fight. Usually I wait a cycle or so for the reasons Amaranthea and Dorvan gave:
  • Never pop them until you're in melee range, otherwise you be losing out on your melee swing DPS
  • Generally avoid popping them if you know a TotT is coming from a rogue
Most of my rogues will Trickspam on the pull, so by waiting a cycle before popping AW avoids overlap. They also all use an addon that whispers me when I receive Tricks, and tells me how much threat it gave me, so that helps to coordinate things.

That being said, there are some fights on which I switch things up a bit. The one that comes to mind is Mimiron. You must pop wings before the first Plasma Blast if you intend to DP the second Plasma Blast, because of the shared 30-second cooldown (I'll let you guess how I figured this out :P). So I usually pop wings immediately on Mimiron just for safety, and have the rogues use TotT during/after the first Plasma Blast. It's usually ~15 seconds between entering combat and the first Plasma Blast, so this gives me both AW and the TotT threat to counter the threat loss from HoSalv.
For Mimiron, I use a completely different opening sequence anyway though:

Sacred Shield
Holy Shield
Divine Plea
Consecrate
----- start 969, leading with ShoR + AW as soon as boss is targetable
ShoR
Judgement
HotR
Holy Shield

There's usually a short gap in the middle there because of slight mis-timing. I have it down to within a second or so, but I don't like to push it much closer than that just to make sure my ShoR is the first thing that hits him. My dps roster isn't very forgiving.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby CircuAuchindoun » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 am

What is the name of the addon you have your Rogues using? I'm going to get my staple rouge to look into this, I had totally forgotten that AV no longer stacks with other similar buffs. I'm definably replacing my AW/AS macro with standard spellbook AS.
CircuAuchindoun

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 am

CircuAuchindoun wrote:What is the name of the addon you have your Rogues using?

I have no idea, they just started using it a month or so after one of them discovered it. I'll have to ask them and get back to you.

<edit> Quick googling suggests it might be TrickOrTreat, which makes sense since I seem to remember that's what it whispers to you when you're the TotT target. <edit>
theckhd

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations