Remove Advertisements

"New Cooldown" what will bring what will take?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

"New Cooldown" what will bring what will take?

Postby Delte » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Probly most of you read this blue posts from Ghostcrawler. So what you think about "New Cooldown" and new block? In my opinion they will remove %100 holy shild, and most likely warior one and give ability to reduce magic damage also and new cooldown might be change on AD? New Cooldown? Whats your idea about that?

Ghostcrawler wrote: If we can get block to be a powerful mitigation stat again we realize that will change the landscape and we'll have to evaluate the staying power of all 4 classes again. For now, we hope this change will put the tanks in a much closer place. (Though if you are keeping note, we would still like to give paladins another reliable cooldown.)

Ghostcrawler wrote: We will almost certainly change block. I can't tell you when we'll change it, because it's a big change. We probably don't want shield-users to be at 100% up time of block if they block more per hit. We have to be careful what happens to threat since that's a big part of block, especially for warriors. Heck, maybe we fall in love with the 4 piece warrior bonus and decide to make that a core part of the ability.

We might very well nerf DK mitigation or cooldowns again. We're less worried about druids, but if we nerfed DKs it might be that druids take their place. We are less likely to just buff the shield-using tanks because we like the current difficulty of the hardmode fights for them and we are reluctant to have to buff those encounters to correspond for a tank buff. Though as we've said elsewhere, we might give paladins another cooldown.

edit:typo fix.
Delte

Re: "New Cooldown" what will bring what will take?

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I'd be happy with either of the following:

- 20% cooldown (similar to HoSalv glyph) and a nerf to DKs.
- 1 minute cooldown on Divine Protection and IF stays the same.

Honestly, though, I'd be happier with the former. I feel like, aside from the lack of cooldown, I'm at a close level of parity with Druids and Warriors. DKs still have more avoidance, HP, and far superior cooldowns than us, though. Even their armor post-nerf is higher in most cases. They're still winning in every category.

EDIT: I'm not sure I'd be happy with the latter. Then we'd just be almost even in cooldowns and DKs would still have better avoidance and EH.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 am

Am i the only one which would like a Guardian Spirit effect? :( (more WINGS!)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Xayton » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 am

Worldie wrote:Am i the only one which would like a Guardian Spirit effect? :( (more WINGS!)

I like the wings.
As a matter of fact I love when I end up with 2 sets of wings on me at a time. When this happens I try to find the best thing to jump off of as fast as I can and try to fly...it never works. :(
Xayton <Notéd> Llane
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
Xayton

Postby Cylan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm

I'd like a pillar of light to follow me around for this CD.
Cylan

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm

My favorite response for this so far was an effect that negated the large incoming hit, and replaced it with a DoT that did equivalent damage spread out over X seconds. Just have to finesse the mechanics so it doesn't start rolling like an ignite >.>
Dazhbog

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations