Weapon Enchant

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Weapon Enchant

Postby Zibey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 am

gregorian wrote:uh..blade ward never stacked to 5. its just a flat 200 parry rating, which if it lasted for the full 10 sec regardless of parries, would outplay 12s of 120agi. the answer is yes, bladeward would be in fact the mongoose of the lv80 era. unfortunately blade ward doesnt work that way. it doesnt proc reliably, and it lasts for but several seconds only.

As pointed out - nonsense.
I've had 4 stacks, and both dmg and parry rating components are multiplied (I got 2k proc few times).

For me, looking at average raid uptimes, blade ward means much more avoidance than agi, or mongoose. Like... 80% more or so. Having 10% more dodge than parry affects that probably.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby KassiraBB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am

Don't forget that Mongoose also gives 240 armor, and a slightly increase in melee dps, as well as crit.
KassiraBB

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Is accuracy 25 hit/crit? cause I've seen a couple of paladins with that on my server.... been meaning to ask you guys about that.... I'm at work and cant see any wow sites and I always forge to check at home
Rachmaninoff

Postby Medvih2 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Potency // 20+ strength = Block, strength (Threat)
Medvih2

Postby amh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:51 am

Rachmaninoff wrote:Is accuracy 25 hit/crit? cause I've seen a couple of paladins with that on my server.... been meaning to ask you guys about that.... I'm at work and cant see any wow sites and I always forge to check at home

Asumming you´re not hit-capped, Accuracy is an amazing threat-enchant. Since all the avoidance-enchants are rather meh, I can´t see any reason why not to use it. (Got Last Laugh with mongoose with me at all times, though). Theck has done some math on it in his matlab-thread, should be in there somewhere.

And yes, it´s 25 hit/crit
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Cylan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 am

I recently got Titanguard and I'm very conflicted on what to enchant it with.

I am currently near hit capped with my gear (~7.58%), so Accuracy seems like a waste at this point.

I'm participating in some hard modes with heavy hitters (Thorim, Steelbreaker), so Agi/Mongoose and Blood Draining look very attractive right now.

Blood Draining seems very useful, but I can't imagine it working if activation is leapfrogged (like AD) with such strong melee hits.

This leaves Agility and Mongoose. I'm inclined to think that Mongoose 1) is "unreliable" avoidance because it is proc-based (I can't control the proc when I need it the most) and 2) suffers from higher diminishing returns in the span of time it is active.

To elaborate on 2... I don't know if someone did the calculations, but I was curious about comparing the "average avoidance gain" from Agility versus Mongoose. It has been shown that Mongoose gives, on average, higher agility over a span of a time. However, does that agility translate to overall higher avoidance in that span of time, or is it on average lower than having a constant 26 agility buff due to diminishing returns? I'm looking at you, Theck... !
Cylan

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations