Remove Advertisements

So. Logical, balanced changes to our class?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:28 am

Any time where a mob is hitting for more than your BV, parry is better. This is the majority of time tanking usually. So reduced parry = more damage taken. Which is why it'll be a very cold day in hell before I give up my 5% to parry for anything less. :twisted:

Edit, to make it more reactive, why not make each parry do a little holy damage to the mob we parry? Like holy blade, on parry do 3 holy damage.(SoV change anyone? :lol: )
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Girard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am

Pizbit wrote:Any time where a mob is hitting for more than your BV, parry is better. This is the majority of time tanking usually. So reduced parry = more damage taken. Which is why it'll be a very cold day in hell before I give up my 5% to parry for anything less. :twisted:

Edit, to make it more reactive, why not make each parry do a little holy damage to the mob we parry? Like holy blade, on parry do 3 holy damage.(SoV change anyone? :lol: )

Actually was trying to find a way to scale up our block value >.>
Girard

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:38 am

Well.... If you can find a way to scale our BV to completely block the 1-2k hits I received, never mind the much bigger hits tanks much further along in content get without making it seem OP...
I'm rambling, 4:38am atm and I've spent the last 5 hours trying to get to sleep and failing. :(
Pizbit

Postby Girard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:40 am

Pizbit wrote:Well.... If you can find a way to scale our BV to completely block the 1-2k hits I received, never mind the much bigger hits tanks much further along in content get without making it seem OP...
I'm rambling, 4:38am atm and I've spent the last 5 hours trying to get to sleep and failing. :(

that was the stumbling block I came to.

How do you scale up our BV for raiding without making it ridiculously OP for 5-man/soloing
Girard

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 am

Only thing I can think off is to have a talent to block a % of the incoming hit. Sort of turning your shield in to a temporary insane bump in armor(without the armor cap)
That sort of ability would probably have to have charges or PPM based(so much for fast hitting bosses or aoe tanking), then probably tied in to holy shield and end up just being junk. *shrug*
Pizbit

Postby Vanifae » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 am

If our Block Value was superior to a warrior then I would not worry too much about increasing our Health all that much. Our Effective Health would be on par if not much higher.

I mean to say it would not be overpowered.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 am

Vanifae wrote:If our Block Value was superior to a warrior then I would not worry too much about increasing our Health all that much. Our Effective Health would be on par if not much higher.

I mean to say it would not be overpowered.

Agreed. I'd much rather see a mitigation buff than a hit point buff. We really don't need to have as many hit points as a Warrior.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Girard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:57 am

Hrm.. maybe a way to change ardent defender so taht instead of an HP scalable damage reduction it gave constant +blockvalue?
Girard

Postby Vanifae » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 am

Girard wrote:Hrm.. maybe a way to change ardent defender so taht instead of an HP scalable damage reduction it gave constant +blockvalue?

Make that block value scaleable; that would be most excellent.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 am

Hrm, got me thinking.
AD scale your BV up by a % the lower the HP you have? Maybe even your BR at very low health.
Pizbit

Postby Vanifae » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 am

Pizbit wrote:Hrm, got me thinking.
AD scale your BV up by a % the lower the HP you have? Maybe even your BR at very low health.

For some reason I don't like it scaling up when you are low, as a tank you should be topped off most of the time, I would rather have a more stable increase at all levels of health.

Another thing, I would like an incentive to increase Block Value beyond Mitigation, like how warriors increase Block Value for ZOMG Shield Slam damage/threat... give us a way to increase our threat via Block Value.

Personally if they could tie this in with Holy Shield we would be golden.
Vanifae

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 am

God I'm bored and still can't sleep, feel free to tell me to buzz off. :oops:
Increase BV while HS is active?
Pizbit

Postby Vanifae » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 am

Pizbit wrote:God I'm bored and still can't sleep, feel free to tell me to buzz off. :oops:
Increase BV while HS is active?

Not so much, I posted this idea before, but I was saying make it 10-25% of Block value is directly added to your Holy Shield Damage.

So lets use a Block Value of 500, you get 50 of that directly added to the Holy Damage you do with Holy Shield, that is a pretty significant threat increase, gives incentive for us to stack Block Value and rating, and with an increase in our overall Block value allows us to scale our reactive threat quite well.

Of course this would need testing but I think this could go a long way to helping us overall.
Vanifae

Postby Girard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:33 am

Vanifae wrote:
Pizbit wrote:Hrm, got me thinking.

For some reason I don't like it scaling up when you are low, as a tank you should be topped off most of the time, I would rather have a more stable increase at all levels of health.

Another thing, I would like an incentive to increase Block Value beyond Mitigation, like how warriors increase Block Value for ZOMG Shield Slam damage/threat... give us a way to increase our threat via Block Value.

Personally if they could tie this in with Holy Shield we would be golden.

AD "Increases +dmg bonus and block value by 15/30/45% while holy shield is active" >.>
Girard

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:35 am

Girard wrote:AD "Increases +dmg bonus and block value by 15/30/45% while holy shield is active" >.>

But then we'd get cowboys running around kara saying to their healers "Keep me between 0% and 35% so I'm uncrushable!!!" :lol:
Pizbit

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations