Tank Points Calculator and DR

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Tank Points Calculator and DR

Postby towelliee » Tue May 26, 2009 10:12 am

How reliable is Tank Points? According to my Character screen I am at 27.63% Dodge, when I open the Calculator for Tank Points I am at 27.03% Dodge. Does this mean I am already enduring DR from Dodge? I mean yeah stupid/logical question but I want to make sure it is a reliable mod in 3.1 for these stats.
towelliee

Re: Tank Points Calculator and DR

Postby majiben » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 am

You are Always enduring DR, there is no point were it starts. And by what you are reporting that DR calculator is very unreliable. The numbers on your character sheet for dodge and parry are post DR. You can't see miss on the other hand because it's not displayed directly on the character sheet. The hover over tooltips are pre DR.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby towelliee » Tue May 26, 2009 11:10 am

So if both the normal Character screen says 24.75% and when I hover over it says 24.75% does this mean I have not suffered from DR?
towelliee

Postby Jasari » Tue May 26, 2009 11:13 am

towelliee wrote:So if both the normal Character screen says 24.75% and when I hover over it says 24.75% does this mean I have not suffered from DR?

You have always suffered from DR.

Diminishing Returns doesn't magically "kick in" at some point.

Your character sheet displays your total dodge after DR. When you hover over it it'll say "_____ dodge rating adds _____% avoidance before DR". That's just saying the amount of dodge you've gained from dodge rating (before DR), not your total dodge % from talents, agility, defense, etc. A lot of people mistakenly think that the "before DR" refers to the total dodge %, which is incorrect.
Jasari

Postby jere » Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 am

It sounds more like tank points is giving you the value against a level 83 enemy and your character sheet is giving the value against a level 80 enemy, which would be a 0.6% difference.
jere

Postby Kethion » Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 am

jere wrote:It sounds more like tank points is giving you the value against a level 83 enemy and your character sheet is giving the value against a level 80 enemy, which would be a 0.6% difference.
That's how it works. In the menu you can set the default mob level relative to yours. The starting value is +3 (boss mobs) so if you want to see a level 80 mob, just set it to 0.
Kethion

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations