Remove Advertisements

Lets talk about hit

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Lets talk about hit

Postby Corpsicle » Thu May 28, 2009 1:23 am

I have been running Ulduar with less than 2% hit and I have yet to notice any problems, even on taunt sensitive fights. In the rare chance that Hand of Reckoning gets resisted, RD doesn't. I haven't had any issues with DR on taunt and my threat generation is fine, even on fights where dps is standing in dps boosting beams/sparks/whatnot. If I could get more hit with out either regemming or sacrificing stamina/avoidance on my gear I would take it but I can't so for the moment I'm not going to worry about it either way. I do have a hit set with 8% hit - if I were to run 4 horsemen or if I found I was repeatedly wiping my team because of missed taunts I would swap to it for that one special situation and then swap back into my normal tank set.
Corpsicle

Postby Xanthoren » Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Oldpappa wrote:I agree, a target of 6% seems like a reasonable compromise. Other thoughts out there?

6% is what I aim for to keep Righteous Defense from missing. 6% + 8% glyph +3% sPriest gets you to the 17% spellhit needed for taunts.

Being lower than that is still certainly feasible, but you will get occasional misses, and Murphy's Law means they'll happen at the worst times. Additionally, it seems that Razorscale has a higher-than-average chance to resist taunts. All our tanks report frequent misses trying to swap tanks.
Xanthoren

Postby Xanthoren » Thu May 28, 2009 1:26 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:At this point, gearing (or buffing) for hit would require me to trade either avoidance or stam, neither of which I'm willing to give up at this point.

This is where having extra pieces of gear is good. I generally use a "balanced" set of gear that has good hit, good avoidance, good BV, etc. I also have a set that maximizes avoidance, one for EH, and one for BV (someday they'll make it good again). Having a good sense of which way to go on a particular boss is key.
Xanthoren

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Xanthoren wrote:
Oldpappa wrote:I agree, a target of 6% seems like a reasonable compromise. Other thoughts out there?

6% is what I aim for to keep Righteous Defense from missing. 6% + 8% glyph +3% sPriest gets you to the 17% spellhit needed for taunts.

Being lower than that is still certainly feasible, but you will get occasional misses, and Murphy's Law means they'll happen at the worst times. Additionally, it seems that Razorscale has a higher-than-average chance to resist taunts. All our tanks report frequent misses trying to swap tanks.

Remember that if you're worrying about taunts missing, you're dealing in spell hit. Spell hit scales "faster" than melee hit, in that you only need 26.23 hit rating per 1% spell hit instead of the 32.8 per 1% melee hit. If you want 6% spell hit, that's only 158 hit rating and corresponds to about 4.8% melee hit (assuming you're usually looking at your melee hit. I haven't used my spell pane on my character sheet in a long time.)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations