Remove Advertisements

Removing Debuffs with Divine Shield

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Removing Debuffs with Divine Shield

Postby rokkon » Fri May 22, 2009 11:55 am

Does anyone have a macro they use for clearing debuffs with divine shield?

I've always wondered how this would work exactly if it would work at all. I know when you use divine shield you lose aggro, but if you have it macro'd to immediately /cancelaura divine shield, would you still have the aggro you had before hand? I wasn't sure if it drops aggro completely or if the mob/boss will just move away from you because you are no longer attackable.

If it drops aggro completely, couldn't you just use a taunt immediately afterwords?

What brought this up.. Last night we were on Razorscale. We got her down on the ground and almost immediately the other tank died. So I ran over and picked her up expecting an imminent wipe since not only did we not have our other tank to taunt off me, but half the healers were dead as were our top 4 dps. (WWS if you're interested) Well I started tanking her and the healers were actually keeping me alive even though the debuffs kept stacking. We had a warrior try to taunt off of me at about 12 debuffs to give me time to reset but he died almost instantly and by the time it was over I had 18 stacks but somehow we killed her. My question is related to this type of scenario exactly, would a divine shield macro have been possible here to just clear my debuffs?

(I wasn't sure if this should go in basic or advanced training, feel free to move it if this is the wrong place!)
rokkon

Re: Removing Debuffs with Divine Shield

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri May 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Mobs are programmed to ignore a target they can not harm anyway, so if you are immune to their attacks (such as being bubbled) they will turn away from you for the duration. It does not however drop your aggro in anyway, you're just ignored for a while.

Some debuffs are flagged to not be removed by Divine Shield though and I'm not sure if Razor's debuffs fall into that category.

However I assume you're talking about the Flame Buffet debuff which she applies to the entire raid and merely increases the fire damage to receive. This is basically a soft enrage and it is meant to be around that level by the time the fight ends.

If Fuse Armor would've stacked up to 18 (which it shouldn't according to wowwiki) you wouldn't have been able to move and you quite surely would've died from Devouring Flame.

Btw, the macro is
Code: Select all
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

Hitting it once will apply DS, hitting it twice will remove it again.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby rokkon » Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Awesome, so I can use it to remove debuffs without fear of losing aggro provided I remove it before bad things happen. Might be wise just to give everyone a warning before I do such a thing, I would be interested to know if it removes fuse armor or not.

Looking at WWS it was in fact the flame buffet that I had 18 stacks of, overall on the fight I had 22 total (not necessarily stacked) while I only had 11 of the fuse armor (again, not necessarily stacked). Is it possible I was resisting fuse armor or perhaps she was missing enough times in a row to not reapply it? There was one point in the fight where it seemed like I was moving at about, oh, 10% of walking speed. It was painfully slow, but then all of a sudden it went away and I could move again... Maybe that's what happened.

EDIT: Just went through the WWS log file, looks like the most stacks of Fuse Armor I had at any given time was 3, then it fell off. I got to 3 twice.
rokkon

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 22, 2009 4:20 pm

You can punch the button as quickly as you humanly can; there's no need to wait for a GCD (during with the mob(s) will turn and eat someone else).

Some of us used to use this to break fears on Nightbane, back in the day ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby rokkon » Fri May 22, 2009 5:03 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:You can punch the button as quickly as you humanly can; there's no need to wait for a GCD (during with the mob(s) will turn and eat someone else).

Some of us used to use this to break fears on Nightbane, back in the day ...

Ahh nice... I just made the macro and tried it, works beautifully! I'll keep that in my bag of tricks now.
rokkon

Postby The Puppet Master » Fri May 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Keep in mind that if you want it to be even more safe, you can taunt the mob just before smashing the macro, because mobs will attack even immune players, if they're taunted, as far as I can remember.
Tanking since Seal of Fury, dps'ing since Arcanite Champion

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Trystan
The Puppet Master

Postby Varmin » Sat May 23, 2009 5:03 am

The Puppet Master wrote:Keep in mind that if you want it to be even more safe, you can taunt the mob just before smashing the macro, because mobs will attack even immune players, if they're taunted, as far as I can remember.

^ Yep, Taunt then mash your Divine Shield > /cancel aura macro.
As long as the mob/boss is Tauntable, no melee/dps will get gibbed.
Varmin

Postby Kethion » Sat May 23, 2009 5:11 am

To build on Gamingdevil's macro:

/cast Hand of Reckoning
/cast Divine Shield

Just mash it and assuming the boss is tauntable it covers everything for you.
Kethion

Postby Zumor » Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 am

Kethion wrote:To build on Gamingdevil's macro:

/cast Hand of Reckoning
/cast Divine Shield

Just mash it and assuming the boss is tauntable it covers everything for you.

use that or a melee will die
taunt is important, in 90% of all my tries (back in BC as well) a melee died (or was baaaaadly hurt), that b**** boss turns around and oneshots a melee and comes back to me all the time, even between his melee-swing timer, it seems it resets when he gets a new target...
taunt bubble debubble, for the live of others, do it that way =)
Zumor

Postby moduspwnens » Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 am

Nobody pointed this out, but normal threat rules apply. If you're at, say, 100% threat, and a rogue is at 95% and you do this (without that taunt), he won't come back to you immediately. You'll need to be have at least 10% threat than all your melee for him to switch back immediately after the bubble is canceled.

Again, that's only without the taunt, or if it fails.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Jasari » Thu May 28, 2009 9:27 am

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Divine Shield removes the fused armor debuff that Razorscale does? I'm thinking about trying to solo tank all of 10man Ulduar, and so far Razorscale and Thorim seem to be the only ones that it might not be possible.

(I'd need a 2nd tank for trash obviously)
Jasari

Postby Tolaana » Thu May 28, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm not sure if it has changed, but when I tried to bubble out of his debuffs it didn't work. This was several weeks ago however so it might have been nerfed to work now.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
Tolaana

Postby trellian » Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 am

Pretty much nothing in ulduar can be bubbled out.
trellian

Postby Candiru » Fri May 29, 2009 5:41 am

You can bubble out of:

Crunch Armour (Kologarn)
PlasmaBurst (Mimiron, although bubblewall works too)
Debuffs from Thorim trash.
Candiru

Postby trellian » Fri May 29, 2009 5:53 am

Candiru wrote:Crunch Armour (Kologarn)
PlasmaBurst (Mimiron, although bubblewall works too)
Debuffs from Thorim trash.

Not sure though but i think i tried crunch armor and it didn't work... i'll have to check again next time :)

Is it even wise to use it on plasmablast? Wouldn't he run off to the next in threat (without taunt)? Or is plasmablast actually a debuff and can be gotten rid off with cancelmacro?
trellian

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations