Remove Advertisements

Threat issues?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Threat issues?

Postby callimar » Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Has anyone noticed threat issues since the patch? I did a 10man uld last night and for the life of me could not keep agro. Especially from our warlocks. Even with 2x 7.5 and 2x8.5 I could not break 6k threat! Prior to the patch I was easily pushing 9k threat with spikes of 11-12k. Is there anyone else noticing issues?
callimar

Re: Threat issues?

Postby gmf1 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm

I didn't notice anything like that, warlocks can always push your threat if they want, maybe you were just having a bad night :)

If i'm tanking 4 or so adds and there being single targeted i'll tab between them and sometimes i get back to see a target warlock right on my threat, when i only left it 3 seconds ago. Wars and hunter can also do it and the occasional mage. Buts that just due to me getting complacent.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby callimar » Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Ya I dont get it..... I just tanked hodir and I normally crank out enough threat for our mages to do 9.5-11k dps and locks the same but tonight they were threat CAPPED 8800... I just dont get it...
callimar

Postby toothdecaykills » Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 am

It's interesting that these threads always pop up after a patch. Perhaps there truly isn't a problem with you, but rather with the mods you and yours use to keep tabs on threat.
toothdecaykills

Postby Snippy » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

In my guild, we're finding that as dps are getting better gear... they're just playing like normal and forgetting they're super awesome now and pulling.

You get used to a certian level of threat in relation to your tank. I've noticed this as I've been offtanking and suddenly got piled with upgrades the past 3 weeks. I have to watch my threat around the MT, as before I was having to do everything I could to catch up.
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Postby Chunes » Thu May 21, 2009 3:02 pm

I believe they buffed the frequency with which onyxia uses her deep breath ability this patch O.o

In all seriousness I noticed my numbers being right about where they should have been last night in 10man ulduar. Perhaps you were not getting MD's/TotT's as frequently as you are used to?

Worse comes to worse, on a fight you know you can get away with it, drop HS from your rotation and weave in Exorcism/AS.

Wings helps too.

beyond that, don't freak out. nothing was nerfed and in all likelihood you are just suffering from some shitty rng.
Chunes

Postby Dorvan » Thu May 21, 2009 4:04 pm

...and of course, don't forget to keep HoSalv on cooldown.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby callimar » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, and I already sub in exorcism for judgment every other judge and have never needed TotT nor MD except for Hodir. Apparently the cure is ... less suck more mashing. :D
callimar

Postby Snippy » Fri May 22, 2009 11:16 am

Snippy wrote:In my guild, we're finding that as dps are getting better gear... they're just playing like normal and forgetting they're super awesome now and pulling.

You get used to a certian level of threat in relation to your tank. I've noticed this as I've been offtanking and suddenly got piled with upgrades the past 3 weeks. I have to watch my threat around the MT, as before I was having to do everything I could to catch up.

I know its terrible to quote yourself... but I had some major threat issues last night on Yogg. I had swapped my helm from the one off Freya 10 man to the one off General 25 man. I ended up having to swap back to the Freya 10 man helm and swap a ring to get my hit and expertise higher... and then it seemed okay. I was taunting and running mobs P1. It was brutal. I couldn't get them to stay on me till I made the switch. >.< Something is wrong imo!
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Postby Oldpappa » Fri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I did Ulduar 25 man last night - and I did notice a HUGE difference in threat ... like something weird is going on. Did anyone else experience this?

I missed 4 Taunts in a row with 190 Hit rating on Mimiron when taunting off the tank for plasma hits.... I was like WTF is going on?
Oldpappa

Postby Levantine » Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 pm

It's entirely possible to miss that many taunts in a row with your hit rating that low.

I hear the RNG is brutal this time of year.
Levantine

Postby Nehor » Sat May 23, 2009 2:09 pm

To help my taunts "hit" the mob I eat hit food. Find I rarely get a miss in a run. If you do not cook I am sure there is a cook in your guild who can help you, or better yet learn the profession :)
Cowards die many times before thier death, the valiant taste of death only once.

Nehor 85 Silvermoon, US
Jagged Edge Guild
Nehor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations