My rotation

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

My rotation

Postby Loaderr » Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am

Hi there,

Long time reader, fist time poster.

Apologies if this is in the wong forum.

Everywhere I read mentions the 6969 rotation and the WOTLK field manual (which is excellent may I add) also mentions this...
However, the rotation that is pretty much always recommended does not fit mine at all.

My question to the experts is could someone take a look at my rotation and advise on how the differences between this and the standard 69 effect efficieny.

Here goes:

HS - SoR - JoW - HotR - Conc - SoR - HS - HotR - JoW - SoR - Conc - HotR - [BACK TO START]

I have no probs with it atm, HS and Conc are up 100%. I am worried that by using this different rotation I am not managing my theat the best way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Loaderr
Loaderr

Re: My rotation

Postby Drunkheifer » Wed May 20, 2009 9:58 am

Loaderr from what it looks like your rotation is the 969 rotation, you use a 9 second cooldown and then use a 6 second cooldown. I am by no means one of the many guru's lurking around on these forums, but from what I have understood of the 969 rotation is that as long as you didn't have any downtime ie everything on cd or 2 things up at the same time you should be good. Only difference I could see is maybe starting with different skills may generate a little bit more burst threat to start but throughout the rotation it should equal out <forgive me though for not knowing which skills actully generate the "most" threat to start with>.
Drunkheifer

Postby Panzerdin » Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 am

You're doing a 969 rotation.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Florisia » Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am

.. Yeah. that actually does look like the 9696 rotation.

HS(9) - SoR(6) - JoW(9) - HotR(6)
Florisia

Postby Jasari » Wed May 20, 2009 10:14 am

OP: What do you think the 9696 rotation is, if not that?
Jasari

Postby Loaderr » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 am

Excellent, wanted to double check I wasn't doing anything crazy!
Loaderr

Postby draknar » Wed May 20, 2009 11:31 am

Although, for snap threat I personally start with different 6's and 9's (judge, then SoR for LoO use effect), but in the long run they look exactly the same.
draknar

Postby Rhylia » Thu May 21, 2009 8:48 am

I've been having this same thought myself. I hate to admit that I am a clicker, but I find that it works for me, so please leave that for another time.

All of my abilities are set up on my main action bar. From left to right:

HoR Macro - Auto Attack - AS - HS - HotR - JoW - ShoR - Consecration - JoL - HoJ - HoR - RD

I start my rotation with whatever I use to pull. If I need AoE threat right away, I drop Consecration. Then I start with HS and go from left to right along my bar until I reach Consecration again. At this point, HS is off of CD and I can begin the rotation from HS again. I also sub in Exo every other Judgement, and if needed things like DP. If I pop Lavanthor's Talisman, then I will continue to Judge every rotation until I lose the extra BV. If I am running low on mana, I will start subbing out Consecration or skipping it entirely. If the boss is below 20% (in HoW range), I will sub in HoW in place of Consecration. All of the CDs match up and nothing ever overlaps unless I happen to lag out a bit. Am I missing out on something, or am I doing it right?
Paladin / Hunter / Druid / Warlock
Jesus was speaking with his disciples and told them "Follow me and I will bless you with salvation and wisdom. One of the disciples in the back stood and said "Can I have kings instead?"
Rhylia

Postby Vedge » Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 am

Personally i wouldnt recommend to exchange every other Judge with anything else. It may not be our best threat abitily, but should you miss the second judgement for any reason, and JotJ flies off the boss increasing dmg you take by great amounts.
Imagehttp://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Vedge
Vedge

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations