Quick Question, quick answers please!

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Quick Question, quick answers please!

Postby Lightstrike » Sun May 17, 2009 8:15 am

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything on it..

Does anyone know how DSDS stacks with each other when more than one paladin uses it at once?

The way I see it there are a several ways i can see it happening/not happening, any idea which is correct if any?

1) Whoever casts it first takes the damage

2) Whoever casts it last takes the damage

3) Stacks separately off of the original damage (knocks a 10000 hit down to 4000 due to the 2x30% reduction)

4) Stacks off of the reduced damage (knocks 10000 hit down to 4900, (0.7*0.7) reduction.

Anyone knwo the answer to this?
Lightstrike

Re: Quick Question, quick answers please!

Postby Legionp » Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 am

4) Stacks off of the reduced damage (knocks 10000 hit down to 4900, (0.7*0.7) reduction.

pretty sure it's that one.
Legionp

Postby Torquemada » Mon May 18, 2009 6:45 am

Both paladins split the raid damage taken, and the full raid gets the benefits of having two DS up. And it means that you have to go 2 minutes before you get another one instead of having a rotation where you alternate, unless you run with more than 2 paladins(And I'm jealous of you if you do).
Torquemada

Postby Lightstrike » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 am

We can run with up to 8 paladins in a 25 man :D

Basically I'm thinking of mimiron phase 1...

IF we get 3 paladins with at least one having DG to DSDS, then the melee dps can completely ignore the first AoE, which should hopefully result in a dps increase.

Would be very sweet if it works, i'll let you guys know on Tuesday when we try it.. thought it was gonna be last night whch is why i was in a rush :P
Lightstrike

Postby majiben » Mon May 18, 2009 8:25 am

I could ha swore the AOE was overwhelming.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Lightstrike » Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm

When I get caught in it, it hits for about 100k damage.. if theyre each multiplied separately i'd need 4 paladins to use it at the same time and everyone would take 12k damage approx, which is healable..

If it's addative we only need one person with DG and 2 people without it to work, nobody shoudl take damage.

Hopefully..
Lightstrike

Postby Legionp » Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 pm

seems like a waste... phase 2 is much harder to heal, we use our DSDS during that phase (2 prot pallies and a ret).
Legionp

Postby majiben » Mon May 18, 2009 4:01 pm

It's multiplicative if they even stack at all which is unlikely considering that HoSac doesn't stack with DSac. You would also need to factor in that you already come with damage reduction on the AoE so it would hit even harder than 100k on nontanks.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Rhiannon » Mon May 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Mimiron tends to break Divine Sacrifice at the moment. Often it'll last a second or less (during which time it doesn't absorb a significant amount of damage) before shutting off. I wouldn't trust it much on that fight. This is nothing to do with the "damage cap" being overwhelmed or anything - divine sacrifice can last full duration and absorb over 100k damage on XT's tantrum, it just misbehaves on Mimiron and some other situations.

Some posts on the subject can be found here, here, and here.

There's some nature of fix in the works according to the PTR notes - whether it's addressing this specific problem or something else is a bit unclear from the wording.
Rhiannon

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations