Weopon Enchants in 3.1

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Weopon Enchants in 3.1

Postby PtrN1026 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

So, we have two more choices of weapon enchants in 3.1, blade ward and blood draining.

They are two vastly different enchants, but I am curious as to which one would be recommend for Ulduar progression. Currently, my guild is progressing in 10 man Ulduar. We have Flame Leviation, Razorscale, and Deconstructor on "farm status", but are having a hard time with Ignis and beyond, though our problem seems to be one of DPS and not the tanks staying alive.

That said, what would you recommend for my weapon enchant, and would you recommend the same enchant further into guild progression, or after Ulduar is on farm?
PtrN1026

Re: Weopon Enchants in 3.1

Postby daemonym » Tue May 12, 2009 3:57 am

personally i use the 25 hit/crit enchant. all my gear has little threat stats on them going for def/dodge/parry whenever possible (DR can just FRO) so my threat tends to be a tad low so i put that enchant on with the 3/3 crusade spec as well and that balances everything out. as a side note, i feel that mongoose is better than blade ward as it doesn't go away when you dodge and blood draining doesn't heal enough for me to be impressed.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Frickit » Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 am

Potency is awesome still for damage and block value and a nice green glow. I use agility for some extra dodge and crit or mongoose for equally good avoiding and a cool effect. If I needed hit rating I would go with accuracy. If I had extra gold that I didnt need and I wanted to be cool Id get bladeward or w/e.
Frickit

Postby Eanin » Tue May 12, 2009 7:40 am

On average, Blade Warding gives slightly more avoidance than either Mongoose or agility. There's an extended discussion of it here. It gives a little extra damage and threat, though the damage is white damage.

For threat, Potency and Accuracy are pretty close, though I'd choose Accuracy for pickups and taunts. When stuff hits really hard, you actually get more EH from agility than from potency, though.

Basically, the question is what you want, more threat, more avoidance or something in between. My current favourites are blade warding or mongoose, since they do a bit of everything. Accuracy is a close third because of the increased hit rating.
Eanin

Postby rokkon » Tue May 12, 2009 8:40 am

I personally like blood draining. There are trinkets that have an on-use for about the same amount EH as blood draining will give you, only blood draining will do it more often and automatically in the time you need it most. Or you can compare it to an automatic 2k healhtstone when you drop below 35% that you can use multiple times in one fight (once per minute).

This chant has a bad rap from previous failed health chants and there are arguments about how it is possible to take more damage with blood draining due to its impact forcing a skip over AD. However in practice this hasn't happened to me yet and is no more likely than the same thing happening with an unlucky HOT tick or something similar.
rokkon

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations