Re: A Tankadin's Best Friend

Postby Florisia » Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 am

Bozie wrote:My group I run with every weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday is:

Me (Prot Pally)
Resto Shaman
Rouge
Mage
Destro Lock

We run every heroic every day on the weekend. We all have gotten well over 2500 Hero Badges. You might ask Bozie why do that every weekend like that? Well Raiding takes money and takes enchants, And OMG we got allot of Freaking Mats to enchant our gear for the 5 of us. Since we have done it so many time we have those runs down to a science and it might take us maybe 5 hours to do them all.

PS includes Oculus

That's a pretty well balanced group. Big AOE damage, Good CC, Heals(always a plus), and a single-target smasher.

Out of curiosity, what spec is the rogue in your group? My rogue friend is Assassination mutilate speced.
Florisia

Postby Parium » Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Out of curiosity, why not just take whoever, and learn to play with that comp? I generally don't care who I bring, but obviously there are going to be groups that you like better. iunno, I'm just not a big fan of trying to stack a group, unless going for an achievement or something. Bloodlust please...
Parium

Postby Inimicus » Tue May 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Actually quite a fun topic.

I did all of my Glory of the Hero achievements with the same group:
Disc Priest, 2x FFB mages, Ele Shaman. It worked because they all complimented each other, yeah all I got was some mana back from the shields, and strudels <3. But when you have 2 FFB mages breathing down your neck for threat, you learn to be very quick with Salvo, HoP or just generally getting more threat.

Of late I love running with a Retidin (more pally buffs!) and a good DK who knows how to DG casters to you.
Inimicus

Postby Florisia » Wed May 20, 2009 4:46 am

Parium wrote:Out of curiosity, why not just take whoever, and learn to play with that comp? I generally don't care who I bring, but obviously there are going to be groups that you like better. iunno, I'm just not a big fan of trying to stack a group, unless going for an achievement or something. Bloodlust please...

Actually, that's why I asked the question to begin with. I take anyone I can get most of the time for heroics, but I don't know what everyone can do because I've only really played Paladin to 80. This information is also very useful, as you pointed out, for completing special tasks, like Achievements.
Florisia

Postby Sampsosheezy » Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 am

I personally roll with a rogue as well, he's extremely good at his class.

He probably knows everything to do in every situation.

He times his TotTs well too, allowing me to chain pull for miles.
Sampsosheezy

Postby yappo » Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 am

My friends, which I kind of believe is what most of you in reality also said here.

You play with some people and you get to learn how they play. Sooner or later down the road you mistake this for preferring to play with the class they play, but I honestly believe it boils down to an uncanny knowledge about how to mitigate each others weaknesses.
yappo

Postby Mert » Thu May 28, 2009 6:26 am

I rarely run heroics any more and I find just about any class is fine to partner with for just messing around doing dailies or whatever, but my favourite 10-man team is:

1 Prot Pally (because it's me)
1 Frost DK Tank (or the guild's other Prot Pally, both are great people)
1 Resto Shaman (chain heal spam and heroism)
1 Resto Druid (HoTs and looks awesome on the chopper for Flame Leviathan)
1 Disc Priest or Holy Paladin (forget the raid, heal me and me only, bitches :P)
1 Frostfire Mage (crit, strudels and a portal when you're done)
1 Affliction Warlock ("I'll just hearth to get my new tier item, summon me back?")
1 Shadow Priest (hit rating, looks silly and purple, is also one of my best friends in real life)
1 Blood Death Knight DPS (because he does about four billion dps, give or take)
1 Fury Warrior (as above really, plus he has a chopper which he I sometimes ride around in while folk are getting summoned)

That said, this list is entirely due to the players themselves rather than the classes. Just about any class in the game gives you at least one good reason to have them there - Tricks of the Trade or Misdirection for watching your TPS fly off toward 10k, for example. But really what I'm trying to say is even if they suddenly nerf all the things that make your Rogue friend complement you, you'd still work better with that person because you're friends and you play together a lot. Knowing each other's playstyle and being able to predict what they'll do or rely on them to do certain things without having to be told counts for a lot more than the buffs or stat bonuses they might provide :)
Mert

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations