Remove Advertisements

Time to live (or die)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Time to live (or die)

Postby Foolosophy » Mon May 11, 2009 8:44 am

I could write a whole story about how I did Naxx, how I search for gear etc. But I keep it simple. I'm mainly an avoidance tank, living by the rule of: have enough EH to survive 2 incoming hits of boss X and then get avoidance to stay alive longer. But this threat inspired me somehow: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23207 Ulduar also got me wondering how I could ease stuff out. Since we paladins can't push an "oh shit" button every time things seem to go wrong, I think I need to maximize my Time To Live.

When I have more Time To Live, it should be easier for the healers to heal me. And that's what it is all about of course. If I die, dps will fall like leaves and we'll eventually wipe. I could, of course, ask you guys (and girls, if any) every time I've got a new piece of gear what I should do. But I like to make my own sets and combinations. So is there any add on or program that could do this? A kind of sandbox maybe? Does Rawr already fully work for Paladin tanks?

Is there something really easy, that says: you have too much avoidance now, focus on armor for a better % increase of your TTL.

Thanks in advance!
Foolosophy

Re: Time to live (or die)

Postby Jasari » Mon May 11, 2009 8:54 am

You realize that you're essentially asking the age old question of "which should I gear for avoidance vs EH?"

It's been asked and debated a zillion times. Rather than start a new thread on it, I'd recommend looking through other threads on this site as well as tankspot and EJ.
Jasari

Postby Foolosophy » Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 am

I do.

But back in TBC, there was a site where you could enter your armor value, health, avoidance, healers etc. Then the calculator would fake perfect combat (no human failure) against a certain boss. Voila, there was your time to live. ;)
Foolosophy

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon May 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Rawr is mostly fully functional. I suggest checking it's thread for some tips on how to set the options.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations