Remove Advertisements

Divine sac+Divine Prot

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Divine sac+Divine Prot

Postby majiben » Mon May 11, 2009 12:44 am

Divine sac behaves very strangely now. I was under the impression that only full immunities (HoP and DSh) prevented the redirected damage and modifiers like imp RF, SotT and DP did not reduce damage taken. I must admit I have not tested this myself.

Among the DSac theories put forth there are:

You have up to 150% of your hp redirected to you for each person
Up to 150% of your health redirected per hit
Up to 150% of your hp taken as damage from the redirects.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Candiru » Mon May 11, 2009 2:14 am

Basically you can't really ever use it in a 25man without being bubbled.

The only change from 3.0 is that now it only lasts 10s, uses an extra GCD and you have to remember to cast bubble first.

Well, and you can use hand of protection with it too, but since they each last 10s you need some cancelaura macro to avoid death then.
Candiru

Postby theckhd » Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 am

PsiVen wrote:I think you can bubble safely during the Tantrum, for what it's worth. If memory serves, he stops meleeing during the channel but WILL turn to face the highest aggro melee until you click it off.

Your memory is correct. I've done this myself several times now.

Just don't forget to drop DS as soon as tantrum is over, otherwise a dps will probably get munched on.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Zironic » Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am

Wolvar wrote:http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22464&p=417495&hilit=+Divine+Sacrifice#p417495

That thread seems to confirm this painful finding of mine. It's a bit annoying to have to use DS if you want to survive, removes half the point of changing the talent.
Zironic

Postby Venoseth » Mon May 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Unless it was changed from 2-3 weeks into Ulduar coming out, I had people complain they were 1-shotted during Tantrum while I used bubble+sac.

Also, I've used bubble THEN Sac and still been 1-shotted which makes me think that lag can get you killed, even if you do bubble. And I'm 100% certain I used bubble THEN sac.

Also, if anyone's noticed when you bubble > sac, it lasts the full duration. Why? Because you don't take 150% of your HP, it won't wear off. This leads me to believe that you can mitigate 50% of the damage from d-sac, but the buff will last until you've taken 150% of your HP, post mitigation. ^^

If I'm mistaken, so be it.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Lightstrike » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

I've been able to use DP+DS and been fine, this is in 25 man with 4 pummellers on me.. so it's an odd one?

I use my avoidance trinket to minimise damage from the pummellers and I may have used a Potion or healthstone, but either way, I was nowhere near dying either way...

To be honest if you're using DP+DS, you should do the smart thing and just tell your guild when you're using it so they can be ready to heal..

I have died from using divine sac before divine shield/protection..

But when casting DP first I've never died on the tantrum.
Lightstrike

Postby Thark » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 am

Don't forget it has a 30 yard range. If you're not near people you won't be absorbing the damage they take.
Thark

Postby Funtodin » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm

If you don't die from it without a bubble, it was most likely a non-factor, because in any seriously high raid damage circumstance (when it counts) you'll get gibbed. Either the raid damage was low or you were out of range of the raid members taking damage.
It mitigates 30% of each hit on anyone within 30 yards, capping at 150% of your own hp for each raid member. It is an overwhelming redirected dtps.
Funtodin

Postby Spamdrew » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Divine Sac still has its place when a single person (like another tank) is taking large amounts of damage it is just very risky if anybody else in the raid takes damage at the same time.
Spamdrew

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations